Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 440 off

1st q:

if (1+3p)/3,(1-p)/4 and (1-2p)/2 r d probailities of 3 mutually xclusive events show dat 1/3<=p<=1/2.

2nd q:

if k objects r distributed in random among k persons ,find d probability dat at least one of them will  nt gt anything.

7 years ago

Answers : (2)

probailities of each event lies between [0,1]

so , 1-2p >=0

p=<1/2  ....(1)

also for mutually exclusive events, sum of probabilities is 1

(1+3p)/3 + (1-p)/4 + (1-2p)/2 =<1

(13-3p)/12 =<1

so , 1/3 =< p =< 1/2

no of ways of distributing r objects among k persons is : kCr

no of ways of distributing r objects among (k-1) persons leaving a single person is : (k-1)Cr

probability = (k-1)Cr /kCr

= (k-r)/k

7 years ago

but the question reads "k objects r (ARE) distributed in random among k persons", why is this r for in your solution?

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

Sir que. No. 5.. can u help me... and if u hav some easy tricks to do this que.
For these type of problems you should convert all logs to a common base e. Also you should know graph of log function so that you can determine if Log a is greater or less than log b. . To...
Ajay 3 months ago
Here is rest of solution …................................................................................
Ajay 3 months ago
Shorter solution: 1/x = log 5 3 and 1/y = log 25 17 = log 5 >log 5 3 i.e. 1/x 0 we have x>y
mycroft holmes 3 months ago
please solve all 7 marks question in attached photo
I have solved Q3 here. Please post question one by one.
Harsh Patodia one month ago
what is cryptograrhy?????????????????????????????????
Cryptography is the science of providing security for information. It has been used as a means of providing secure communication between individuals, government agencies and military...
dolly bhatia 3 months ago
@ sivagiri Cryptography refers to the method of storing and transmitting data in a perticular form , so, that only those for whoom it is intended can read and process it . u can simply tell ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
A man starts from the point P(-3,4) and reaches point Q(0,1) touching x axis at R such that PR+RQ is minimum, then point R is : ???
It can be any point,because for any point on x-axis the sum of the distance is same as that of PQ. i hope u are satisfied. plese post if u r any further doubts.
Gosula Madhukar one month ago
Assume the point to be (x,0).Using distance formulae calculate the distance.Then we get. PR=[(x+3)^2+4^2]^1/2 and RQ=[x^2+1]^1/2 .Now add PR and RQ .let differentiate the eq and...
Leela Lochan one month ago
Integration of root tanx
RAKESH CHINDAM one year ago
RAKESH CHINDAM one year ago
Please. exp. how to add vectors?
For adding two vectors, the i-components of the two vectors are added. similary for j, k, etc.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
Vectors are physical quantities that consist of a magnitude as well as a direction (for example velocity, acceleration, and displacement), as opposed to scalars, which consist of magnitude...
srinivas one year ago
addition of vectors can be done by using triangle law, parallelogram law or polygon law. hence, refer to the study material on this site for the same. if you have any other doubt, kindly...
vindhya one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 440 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn