Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

How many real solutions of the eqn 6x2 - 77[x] + 147 = 0 , where [x] is the integral part of x.

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

6x^2 -77[x] +147 = 0 ...(i)

Consider the equation, 6x^2 -77x +147 = 0  ...(ii),
Roots of this equation are 7/3, 63/6.
[7/3]=2 and [63/6]=10
Put [x]=2 in equation (i) and solve for x. x comes out to be sqrt(7/6) and [sqrt(7/6)]=1
so this is not a valid solution.
Again put [x]=10 in (i) and solve for x. x comes out to be sqrt(623/6) and [sqrt(623/6)]=10
so this is a valid solution.
Other real solutions will lie between 2 and 10.
Substitute [x]=3, 4, 5, 6, 7,8, 9 one by one and solve for x and analyse each case as above.
You will find that for [x]=3, 9, 10, x comes out to be such, that [x (after solving)] = 3, 9, 10.
Hence the number of real solutions to the original equation will be 6. 

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

Can anyone plz solve the 10 problem plzIn sequence and series 10 problem is a doubt
Just rationalize each term and you will get D as all terms in middle will get cancel.
Harsh Patodia one month ago
Please solve it and verify the question thanks. And if got the ans please mail me.. p.sharif02@gmail
Hii If we just have to use numbers it is not possible . But it can be used as 3! +11+13
Sourabh Singh one month ago
Thank you. by the way do you think like these questions will come in upsc...? Please post here, thank you.
Sharif one month ago
how can i find d equation of a plane passing through an axis and at an angle to a given plane??
Use the equation L + lambda*P =0 and then use the one more condition that will be given in the question and you will get the answer
Sourabh Singh 5 months ago
this question is of indefinte integration 1/(a+bcosx)^2 dx
Hey the ans is,-((A+Bcosx)^3)/bsinxThen substitute given value.And then eureka you got it.I didn`t substitute the value bcoz I can`t figure out the value of indefinite integration that you...
Adinath 9 days ago
Number of ways in which 2 Americans , 2 British , one chinese , 1 dutch and 1 Egyptian can sit on a round table so that persons of same nationality are separated is : AnS ??
ans=226800 [i am also not sure] i hope iam correct. plz give reply as soon as possible. have a nice day.
Gosula Madhukar one month ago
Ans==180 ( not sure)
T Jahnavi 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts