Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

A lady has fine gloves and hats in her closet- 18 blue, 32 red, and 25 yellow. The lights are out and it is totally dark. In spite of the darkness, she can make out the difference between a hat and a glove. She takes out an item out of the closet only if she is sure that if it is a glove. How many gloves must she take out to make sure she has a pair of each color?

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

since it is dark....
take worst case
satisfy largest number first.....
since she wants it in pair
32 red
24 yellow
1+1 yellow+blue
2 blue

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

how to find number of positive integral solution of x+y+z=20
Min values of x,y and z will be 1 so remaining 17 have to be distributed over these numbers Just divide 17 in three parts using 2 partitions which can be done by 19C2 ways as 2 paritions...
Harsh Patodia one month ago
no of sol. of Ix+2I+IxI+Ix-2I=p ,p belongs to Real no. are?
jagdish singh singh one month ago
draw the graph of given eq. hence getting if p=4 we getone sol.i.e x=0 while for all p>4 two solutions.
Pranav Dabhade one month ago
In the listed image can you tell me how beta*gamma = 2 ….. . . .. ??
The value of gamma is still not correct, either printing mistake or you gave me wrong value. The correct value of gamma is below
Ajay 2 months ago
Thankyou so much............................. …......................................................................!
Anshuman Mohanty 2 months ago
Yes sorry..... . . . .it is not so clear.. ok the values are beta = α + α^2 + α^4 and gamma = α^3 + α^5 + α^7
Anshuman Mohanty 2 months ago
The no. Of six digit number that can be formed from tje digits 0,1,2,3,4,5,6&7 so that digits do not repeat and the terminal digits are even
the total number form which the 6 digit number should be made are 8 out of which 4 are even (0,2,4,6) and these are to be arranged in the terminal points (end points) hand hence we have to...
Ankit Jaiswal one month ago
OOH I am sorry for a mistake Actually I considered that all numbers can occupy first position ( THIS ) but it cannnot be occupied by 0 so only the number of cases will be affected that is...
i think that the answer will be 720 only is “0” is not incuded And for that question the solution will be let the number be a b c d e f (say) a = 3 numbers possible (2,4,6) f = 2 numbers...
dfine scalar product .give itsproperties and tow examples tell fast brows
Dear Sreekanth Indla, Scalar product of two vectors is defined as the product of the magnitudes of the two vectors and cosine of the angle between them.
SAI SARDAR 7 months ago
A pair of angles are called supplimentary to eachother, if the sum of their measure is greater than(i) one right angle(ii) one straigh angle(iii) two right angles (iv) none of these
Hii The answer is equal to for this question is ii)
Sourabh Singh one month ago
answer is (iv) because sum of supplementary angles is equal to a straight angle(180) but not greater than that.THANKS!!!
arunkumaran 29 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn