Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

What does the equation (a-b)(x^2+Y^2)-2abx = 0 becomes if the origin is shifted to the point (ab/a-b, 0) without rotation?

5 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Chanchal,

Apply the concept of 'Parallal Transformation of Coordinate Axes'..As the origin has been shifted to (ab/a-b,0),so we can right x=ab/a-b+ab/a-b where the second ab/a-b=h{the distance of the new cordinate from the old one,here distance between (0,0) and (ab/a-b)}.Now put the value of x and solve..Most probably the equation would come out to be a line parallel to x-axis.

Goodluck and Warm Wishes,

Please approve the answer if it helped you.

5 years ago

initial coordinates of origin = (0,0)  &  the coordinates of general point = (X,Y)

final coordinates of origin = (ab/a-b,0) , & the coordinates of general point =(X1,Y1)

from here we can say

X1 = X+ab/a-b     &  Y1 = Y+0=Y

so keeping Y coordinate unchanged replace X by X+ab/a-b u will get the required equation....

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

what is the graph of y= Ix-1I+Ix-4I+Ix-7I ,&how to draw it?
Harsh Patodia one month ago
Where can I get solutions of ml khanna or A das gupta?
@ pratyay there is a separate book coming , on the name of SOLUTION TO PROBLEMS IN IIT MATHS BY A DAS GUPTA , by bharti bhawan , just take it , it explained each and every ques of a das...
Umakant biswal one month ago
In a certain town 25% families own a cell phone , 15% own a scooter and 65% won neither a cell or scooter . If 2000 families own both cell phone and scooter then the total no of families in...
3. 40,000 families are there in the town.It can be solved through Venn diagram.Their intersection comprises 5% I.e, 2000 families. And the remaining are 20% cell phone and 10 % scooter.
Shaswata Biswas one month ago
What is the integration x^3×cosx^3dxPlease give me the answer
write x^3×cosx^3dx as: x*x^2*cosx^3dx => let x^2 = u 2xdx = du I = u*cos(u^(3/2)) Apply now by – part easily then after substitute u in the end.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Find out the value of cot6°× cot66°× cot42°× cot78° such as the given value is equal to 1.
Here use the identities, sinA*sin(A+60)*sin(60-A) = sin(3A)/4 and cosA*cos(A+60)*cos(60-A) = cos(3A)/4 Now divide the costerms eqn with sin terms to form the cot relation. therefore,...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
the minimum value of f(x,y)=x^3 + y^3 -3xy is what? please give proper solution in details......................
Please specify domain for this question otherwise it will be -infinity.
Harsh Patodia one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn