Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 440 off

If Z1 and Z2 are two complex nos. such that Z1+Z2i=Z2 THEN origin, Z1 and Z2 r the vertices of a___________________ TRIANGLE?

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

The lengths of the three sides of the triangle are 

We see that 

This also tells us that 

Hence the triangle is a right angled isoceles triangle

6 years ago

Dear Prashant,

Solution:- z1 + z2 i = z2

or, z2 - z1  = i z2

or, (z2 - z1) / (z2 - 0) = i ['0' is written to represent origin]

or, (z2 - z1) / (z2 - 0) = e(i∏/2) [|z2 - z1| / |z2 - 0|]; where,|z2 - z1| = |z2 - 0| and  

therefore,[|z2 - z1|/|z2 - 0|] =1

Hence, origin, z1 and z2 are the vertices of isosceles right angled triangle, having right angle between (z2 - z1) and (z2 - origin) sides.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Prashant!!!

Askiitians Experts
Priyansh Bajaj

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

If for an AP A1,A2, A1+A3+A5=-12 and A1*A2*A3=8. Find the value of A2+A4+A6.
Shorter method Let d be the common difference . (A3-2d)+ A3 + (A3+2d) = -12 and A3 = -4 (A3-2d)* (A3-d) *(A3) = 8 Solve for d Now A2+A4+A6 = (A3-d) + (A3+d) + (A3+2d). Substitute values for ...
Ajay 2 months ago
Let d be the common difference . A1+ (A1+2d) + (A1+4d) = -12 and A1*(A1+2d) *(A1+4d) = 8 and solve equations for A1 and d Now A2+A4+A6 = (A1+d) + (A1+3d) + (A1+5d). Substitute values for A1 ...
Ajay 2 months ago
what is cryptograrhy?????????????????????????????????
Cryptography is the science of providing security for information. It has been used as a means of providing secure communication between individuals, government agencies and military...
dolly bhatia 3 months ago
@ sivagiri Cryptography refers to the method of storing and transmitting data in a perticular form , so, that only those for whoom it is intended can read and process it . u can simply tell ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
in how many ways the letters of the word 'Arrange' can be arranged so that 2A's are separated by exactly 2 letters
If we see the case, you can shift the 2 A`s upto 4 places from the left. For each case, the other 4 letters can be arranged in their places in 4! Ways. And the 2 A`s can arrange in 2! Ways...
Shaswata Biswas one month ago
Sorry, my mistake. There are 5 letters remaining. Then the correct no. of permutations is 4*5! = 480. The case of 2! Is not applicable as both are same letters.
Shaswata Biswas one month ago
Find the value of limit x tends to zero |x| ^[cosx]
tHE answer should be zero itself. As no determinancy forms here. Range of cosx is [-1,1] which is a constant fixed number. Therefore power of zero as anythng constant wiould be zero.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
What is the ranges and domains of hyperbolic sine and cosine functions.please give a hint to derive this with explanations
For sinhx range and domain are equal and is equal to all real numbers.but for coshx domains is r but range is [1,infinity)
H AGGARWAL 9 months ago
1)If (1,a) , (3,9a) , (4,b) , (6,18) are collinear then (a,b/a)= A.(6,13) B.(6/7,13) C.(6/7,13/7) D.(21,13) 2)If A,B,C are collnear points A=(3,4) , B=(7,7) and AC = 10 then C = A.(5,2)...
Hii 1) find out their slopes and equate for all the pair of points . You will get the answer 2) Just equate the value of slope m = (y2-y1)/(x2-x1). You will get the answer
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 440 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn