(B) -1
(C) i
(D) none of these

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Amit,

The answer is (d) - none of these.

x = z/conj(z) = (x + iy)/(x - iy)

x = (x+iy)2/(x-iy)(x+iy) ( Multiplying Nr and Dr by x + iy )

= ( x2 - y2  + 2ixy ) / ( x2  + y2 )

Modulus of x = Root  [((x2 - y2)/( x2  + y2 ))2  + (2xy)2/( x2  + y2 )2]

= 1/( x2  + y2 )*Root(x4 + y4 -2x2y2  + 4x2y2)

= 1/( x2  + y2 )*Root( x4 + y4 + 2x2y2 )

= 1/( x2  + y2 )*Root(( x2  + y2)2)

=  1/( x2  + y2 )*( x2  + y2 )

= 1

Hence Answer is (d)

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you have.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

If a polynomial P(x) is divided by x-a, x-b, x-c, we get a,b,c as remainders respectively (x€R). Then what will be the remainder when P(x) is divided by (x-a)(x-b)(x-c)?
Using Remiander theorem f(a) is the remainder when f(x) is divided by x-a when f(x) is divided by q(x) the remainder will be having degree less than q(x) so when P(x) is divided by...
Harsh Patodia one month ago
Note that P(a) =a, P(b) = b, and P(c) = c. Hence if we consider the polynomial Q(x) = P(x) – x, we see that Q(a) = Q(b) = Q(c) = 0. By Factor theorem we conclude (x-a)(x-b)(x-c) is a factor ...
mycroft holmes one month ago
If x + 1/x = √3.then find x100 + 1/x100.what is the solution
x+1/x= √3 you consider x=cos(teeta)+i sin(teeta) then substitute teeta = 30 degrees then x 100 +1/x 100 =cos(100 teeta) by the complex number concept = cos (3000) = -1/2 thank you
assume that x=w {where w is complex cube root of unity} the substitute x=w in given equation and mark it as equ. then w^100 +1/w^100. since w^3 =1....we can write w^100 as w^99.w^1= w^1 and ...
krunal 2 months ago
x + 1/x = √3 squaring both sides, x^2 + 1/x^2 = √3 – 2 again squaring, x^4 + 1/x^4 = ( √3-2)^2 -2 . . Go on like this on series for up till x^100 + 1/x^100
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Given the three circles x 2 +y 2 -16x+60=0, 3x 2 +3y 2 -36x+81=0,x 2 +y 2 -16x-12y+84=0,find (i)the point from which the tangents to them are equal in length and (ii)this length.
let that point be (h.k) Now we know that Length of tangent is given by root(S1) So length of tangent to circle 1 is root(h2+k2-16h+60) Similarily for other two and then equate all the...
Nishant Vora one month ago
The radical axis of two circles has the property that the tangents drawn from a point on it to both the circles will have the same length. Radical axis equation quite naturally is S 1 =S 2...
mycroft holmes one month ago
Can you plz explain it clearly to me to understand?? thanking you Sir..............................................................................................................
Hansraj Gyanendra Singh Rajawat one month ago
prove that the following is true- cos 2 A+cos 2 B+cos 2 C=1-2cosAcosBcosC
Take R.H.S, 1-2cosAcosBcosC, apply 2cosAcosB formulae and split into a+b form . Then write 1 as (sinA)^2 + (cosA)^2 and the sort out u would get L.H.S
Vikas TU 2 months ago
∫sin 2x.cos2x dx
Dear Student, Hint: Multiply and divide by 2, Use 2sinAcosA = sin (2A) and then integrate it. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
Dear Student, Use the hint as I provided. That will be easier compared to yours. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
thanks vijay sir.. but if i substitute sin2x =t and then integrate i got different answer
sumit one year ago
what is meant by integration????????????????????????/
integration is the act of integrating,it is the act of bringing together smaller components into a single or small type of functions as only one..........
nandini 6 months ago
Integration is the act of bringing together smaller components into a single system that functions as one.
Vaishnavi Patel 6 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn