There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

can u tell me those chapters in maths of XIth andXIIth which can get me a cut off marks

5 years ago

Answers : (5)

there are none of them in individual.every year they give equal or partially equal questions in all chapters.they used to give a bit more questions in the calculus chapter but as we got used to solve them they are giving twisted questions from even easy chapters like complex numbers. iits hav on their mind to introduce aptitude questions in jee. they are really tough check out these.

1-You are a cook in a remote area with no clocks or other way of keeping time other than a four minute sandglass timer and a seven minute sandglass timer. (The kind you turn over - hourglass shaped) You do have a stove, however, with water in a pot already boiling. Somebody asks you for a nine-minute egg, and you know this person is a perfectionist and will be able to tell if you undercook or overcook the eggs by even a few seconds. What is the least amount of time it will take to prepare the egg? And how will you prepare it so that it is neither undercooked or overcooked?

2-A princess is as old as the prince will be when the princess is twice the age that the prince was when the princess's age was half the sum of their present ages.

What are their ages?

5 years ago

check out the first question's solution

The answer is 9 minutes. First, flip both hourglasses over and drop the egg into the water. When the four minute timer runs out, flip it again. When the seven minute timer runs out, flip it over. The egg has been cooking seven minutes. Now when the four minute timer runs out again (after eight minutes) flip the seven minute timer back over. Since the seven minute timer has been running only a minute between flips, there's a minute worth of sand left. And when that minute runs out, the egg will have been cooking for exactly nine minutes.

5 years ago

here's the 2nd question's solution 

It’s a bit messy… but using simple algebra… I’m sure there are much easier ways of accomplishing the solution.

Princess: a
Prince: b

0.5*(a+b) a – (0.5*(a+b)) = 0.5*a-0.5*b b – (0.5*a-0.5*b) = 1.5*b-0.5*a 3*b-a
(3*b-a) – a = 3*b-2*a b + (3*b-2*a) = 4*b-2*a a = 4*b-2*a or 3*a = 4*b b+10
0.5*b+5 b – (0.5*b+5) = 0.5*b-5 a – (0.5*b-5) = a-0.5*b+5 b = a-0.5*b+5 or a = 1.5*b-5

Now we have two equations:
3*a = 4*b and a = 1.5*b-5.

Substitute “a” in the first equation for the value of “a” from the second equation:
3*(1.5*b-5) = 4*b

Solving this equation, we get:

Since a = 1.5*b-5:

5 years ago

heres the altenative solution for the second question

create the following table from the riddle:

Current Future Past
Princess x 2z (x+y)/2
Prince y x z

then create three equations, since the difference in their age will always be the same.

d = the difference in ages

x – y = d
2z – x = d
x/2 + y/2 – z = d

then create a matrix and solved it using row reduction

x y z
1 -1 0 d
-1 0 2 d
.5 .5 -1 d

It reduces to:

x y z
1 0 0 4d
0 1 0 3d
0 0 1 5d/2

This means that you can pick any difference you want (an even one presumably because you want integer ages).

Princess age: 4d
Prince age: 3d

Ages that work

Princess Prince
4 3
8 6
16 12
24 18
32 24
40 30
48 36
56 42
64 48
72 54
80 60

5 years ago

its better u study all chapters but do organic chemistry nd algebra and 3d geometry ........mechanics in phy......

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on AIEEE Entrance Exam

I have got 140 marks in jee mains and 91% in cbse board .I am in general category .in which nit and brancges I cam take admission.?
Chances of getting NIT is very rare...except under state quota benifit..
Saurabh Kumar 4 months ago
Dear Student, getting at an NIT with this score seem to be a far fetched dream, no issues There is another way out that may be opted for . Rest assured these institutions are being run by...
Aneesh Sehgal 4 months ago
hi anurag use the branch and college predictor to predict your college and branch. please follow the link thanks and...
SAHIL 4 months ago
Dear sir/madam, I wiil get a seat in nit puducherry in CS. How is the college in terms of teaching, placements?
almost all NITs are doing very well in the field of education and best ever placements,...if you get a seat there make out that it is a wholesome goodness.....go for it without any doubt in ...
Ayushmaan Vardhan one year ago
NIT itself is a brand name.And that with cse will be too good. Talking abt NIT pdy it is a gr8 institute in terms of teaching and faculty. With a faculty ratio 25:1 talking abt its...
mohit vashishtha one year ago
i got 70 in jee main and 959 in ts ipe can i get CSE or ECE or IT in any NIT
I am in doubt that you might not be able to clear the cut off if you belong to Generl Category. So start preparing for next year. Best of Luck
Sourabh Singh 6 months ago
Am a medical student and preparing for AIIMS would the following books be sufficient for physics ?NCERTsAllen Notes and modulesHC Verma (only theory and solved examples)Cengage Physics by BM...
This is more than sufficient if you are doing all of them completely.You can for either cengage or DC pandey to increase your efficiency. Follow link if you want additional information....
Harsh Patodia 7 months ago
what is state management in web application?why it is required ? give me list of state managemenet objects?
View state, control state, hidden fields, cookies, and query strings all involve storing data on the client in various ways. However, application state, session state, and profile...
Kevin Nash 7 years ago
A new instance of the Web page class is created each time the page is posted to the server. In traditional Web programming, this would typically mean that all information associated with...
Jitender Pal 7 years ago
My rank in jee advanced is 18400. What kind of seat can i get? Please specify where and what branch.
Dear Friend, there are not much chances for such a score in an IIT, that does not mean that you may feel disheartened as there are so many other reputed institutions which are known for...
Aneesh Sehgal 4 months ago
sorry but you will not get any seat in any iit because only 10,000 seats are available in iits
SAHIL 4 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On AIEEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts