The Top 10 Last Minute JEE-Main 2014 Exam Tips
As the date of JEE-Main 2014 Entrance Exam is drawing closer, the candidates are getting sleepless nights and ruthless nightmares about their would-be experiences during the exam. Well, this is no time to fret. You got to buckle up to get your final act straight.
Considering just a few days in your kitty for the big day, we have got you the top JEE-Main 2014 Exam Preparation Tips to help you crack the exam.
So Just CheckÃ¢â‚¬â„¢em Out:
First letÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s get familiar with the JEE-Main Paper pattern:
Paper 1 – for B.E/ B.TECH courses (both off and online modes)
The question paper will have objective type questions with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Every question has four options with single correct answer.
Negative marking is applicable for every incorrect answer. One fourth marks or .25 marks will be deducted for ever wrong answer. In case, candidates leave the answer slot blank or does not provide an answer then there will be no deduction of marks.
Paper 2 – for B. ARCH/ B. PLANNING (offline mode only)
Mathematics – Part I – objective questions
Aptitude Test – Part II – objective questions
Drawing Test – Part III – to test drawing aptitude
JEE-Main Exam Tips:
- This is not the time to take on new topics. It will only add to your confusion. You must instead revise the topics you have already prepared.
- Don’t prepare from just any reference book you can lay your hands on. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s only gonna complicate things for you. Study from your NCERT text books. Nothing can beat it.
- You must raise the bar of your observation skills to prepare for the Aptitude and Drawing exams.
- Get all your doubts clear right there and then.
- It is important to create separate quick revision notes for each subject containing important formulae, important concepts and points you feel you are likely to forget. You must go through these as often as you can.
- You must try studying from flash cards to remember definitions.
- You can use mnemonics to remember detailed notes.
- Needless to say, you must solve practice previous year papers/ sample papers to know the current trends and find out your weaknesses.
- If you have chosen computer based exam mode for JEE-Main 2014 then you should prepare from the sample papers available on the JEE official websiteÃ¢â‚¬â€http://jeemain.nic.in/jeemainapp/MocTestForCBE.htm
- You must have a great time management. You can do this by answering the sample paper/mock test papers.