JEE Advanced 2020: Important Highlights
Known as the most difficult engineering entrance exam of the nation, JEE Advanced is being conducted for admission to various IIT colleges is going to be held on May 17, 2020. It is held every year by IITs on a rotational basis. This year, it will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.Â
Admissions will be provided to exam qualifying candidates for admission into undergraduate courses leading to a Bachelorâ€™s, Integrated Masterâ€™s or Bachelor-Master Dual Degree in Engineering, Sciences or Architecture. Both Bachelorâ€™s and Masterâ€™s degrees are awarded to candidates enrolled in the dual degree programs upon successful completion of the course in all the 23 IITs of the country. This year, 2.5 Lacs candidates who qualify JEE Main will become eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced instead of 2.4 Lacs and the exam will be conducted in 5 countries including USA(San Francisco)
The application process for the JEE Advanced will be conducted from May 1st, 2020 and will end on May 6th, 2020. The last day to pay the fees for the registered candidates will be May 7th, 2020.
The entrance test will be held in two shifts: 9 am to 12 noon and 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm. Candidates have to register themselves online for the computer-based entrance test.
The exam has two mandatory papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2 formulated from syllabus released by the JEE Advanced authorities.
Eligibility for JEE Advanced 2020
- Age: General category candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1995. Relaxation of 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD category.
- Performance in JEE Main 2020: Top 2, 50,000 All India Rank holders in JEE Main 2020.
- Number of Attempts: The candidates would be able to attempt the examination two times in two consecutive years.Â
- JEE Main: The candidate should have qualified JEE Main examination. The cutoff for admissions into IITs should also be met by the candidates
Performance in Class 12: Minimum 75% marks in 10+2 or equivalent or they must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of qualified candidates in their particular 10+2
Here are the steps to complete the registration process:
Step 1 :
- Log in with JEE Main 2020 Roll Number and Date of Birth
- Fill the personal and academic details.
- Mention the number of attempts, exam center, the language of exam, category and the requirement of the scribe.
Step 2 :
Candidates are required to upload the following scanned certificates in JPG format
- Class-X or Birth Certificate
- Class-XII (or equivalent) Certificate
- Category Certificate (Required only for SC /ST /OBC-NCL candidates)
- PwD Certificate (Only for those who have opted PwD as â€œYesâ€)
- Scribe Request Letter (Only for those who have opted PwD as â€œYesâ€ and Scribe Request Letter as â€œYesâ€)
- OCI Card / PIO Card (For those whose nationality is OCI or PIO)
Step 3 :
Registration Fee for Examination Centers in India
- Female Candidates (all categories)Â – INR 1400
- SC, ST, PwD CandidatesÂ – INR 1400
- All Other CandidatesÂ – INR 2800
JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card
JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card will release on May 12th, 2020 on the official website jeeadv.ac.in.
Follow these steps to download the Admit Card
- Visit the official website of JEE Advanced i.e. jeeadv.ac.in
- Click on the link for â€˜JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Cardâ€™
- Enter your registered application number and password
- Check details on admit card
- Print it for further use
JEE Advanced exam centers have been set up in 161 cities for the year 2020.
While making the registration, it is mandatory to choose 5 exam centers from an IIT zone. Request for change of exam centers will not be entertained.
The reporting time and instructions to be followed at the exam center will be mentioned on the admit card. So, kindly report to the exam center in advance.
All the Best!