NEET 2020: How to prepare well along with board exams?
Time and again we come across the term multitasking, and also understand how important it is in today’s time and date. But, as students who are on the verge of taking a step from high school into the college of their dreams, their most challenging aspiration is to clear the board exams first. There are few students who yet again, decide very early on the course of studies that they want to take up once they are done with their boards.
Off late, the one profession which is getting rather popular and is attracting more and more youngsters to it is the study of medicine. Those who wish to take up the field of medicine and go the way of the NEET, relentlessly need to start preparing along with the board exams itself. Seems like a challenge, however, this is something that they need to do so that they can attempt to take the NEET exams without taking a year long break.
It is because of this very reason that most students who have the aspiration to become a doctor need to commence with their NEET coaching so that they can gear up for the NEET 2020 preparation and get a head start. If you are a student who is taking up the task of preparing for your boards along with the much talked about NEET 2020 exam, then here are some tips that you need to follow.
The 101s of Cracking the NEET 2020 alongside your boards
Multitasking is the need of the hour, but let’s face it, it is a task that is easier said than done. As students you already face strict timelines and this only takes the stress and pressure up by a few notches. Preparing for boards and alongside that making sure that nothing is left while attempting to qualify for the NEET online coaching that will take you to step by step with the NEET 2020, is a task and step not easy to attain. Most students who take up this, fail to comprehend just what they have signed up for, which is why once the journey of dual preparations start, most students decide to back out.
As difficult as this challenge sounds it is one that can be achieved if planned and strategized methodically. Since you have already decided to walk the journey of NEET 2020 preparation along with your boards, here is what you will need to do:
- Get Idea of the Syllabus and course lineout: you can consider yourself a bit in luck since the one good thing of NEET 2020 preparation is that most of the topics will be the same as the ones you are already learning in 12th. Now, one thing to understand completely here is that the NEET exams are a complete review and test of things that you learn in both 11th and 12th, and this is why you will have to be very good at remembering what you did in 11th and make sure you are in sync with the topics discussed in the 12th as well. Once you know the tasks that you need to complete, you will have a clear idea of just how much you need to chart in your study schedule and each NEET coaching session.
- Concentrate on what is being taught in class: it is understandable that you have a task to complete which may seem like an uphill climb. However, the important thing to keep in mind is that you concentrate on the basics, and the basic is to be mindful of all that is being taught in school. As discussed a large portion of the NEET 2020 is based on the syllabus that is taught in school, and this is why this is a very important step that needs to be completed under all circumstances.
- Refer Right: books books everywhere, but not too sure what to read! Often it happens that NEET aspirants take up too much on their plate, in fact, at times more than what they can actually handle. One important tip to keep in mind will be to again stick to the basics and first perfect the NCERT books that you are given at school. A large portion of the NEET questions are standardized on the same books. Post those you can decide to study and refer from books such as,
- Physics for NEET by CP Singh
- Fundamentals of Physics
- ABC of Chemistry 11th and 12th
- Physical Chemistry by OP Tandon
- Biology volume 1 and 2 by Trueman
- Objective biology by Dinesh
- Scheduling Systematically: there was a reason why students were fixed to a set time table and schedule when they were in school. In so many ways working according to a set routine and pattern helps bring uniformity in a students life, and the same uniformity is something that is needed when students gear up to prepare for the boards and NEET 2020 preparations simultaneously. The main point to keep in mind is that no matter how hectic the schedule, plan and give time slots to every subject so that nothing is left to the last minute.
- Solve prior practice papers: almost every NEET coaching center makes it a must to have students solve a number of practice test papers so that they get a steady idea of the question paper format and the types of questions that will be asked. It’s a simple funda that the more one practices the more one can get close to perfection, and the same holds true for the scenario of NEET 2020. Solving practice papers actually solves two purposes, one is to make them familiar with the paper type and format and second is to help them manage their time.
- Battling the Nerves to keep calm: last but not the least one of the most important tips of going through with the dual preparation mode is to gather your nerves and keep calm. All students taking on the challenge of preparing for the boards along with being enrolled in various NEET online coaching centers need to have a calm and composed mind. Make sure that you take enough rest in between and don’t overdo anything that will confuse you further.