Suppose that three point charges, q a , q b and q c are arranged at the vertices of a right-angled triangle, as shown in the diagram. What is the magnitude and direction of the electrostatic force acting on the third charge if q a = -0.6μC, q B = +4.0 μC, q c = +20 μC. Let a= 4.0 m, and b= 3.0 m? Answer: F(magnitude) = 77.4S exp -3 N, angle=2.53 The question is quite similar to the one you have in solved examples yet has different requirements. The answer I was looking for was the magnitude and direction of electrostatic force whereas the answer in the solved solution was regarding the Kinetic energy. If you may, kindly help me with my question please.

Suppose that three point charges, q a , q b and q c are arranged at the vertices of a right-angled
triangle, as shown in the diagram. What is the magnitude and direction of the electrostatic
force acting on the third charge if q a = -0.6μC, q B = +4.0 μC, q c = +20 μC. Let a= 4.0 m, and b=
3.0 m?
Answer: F(magnitude) = 77.4S exp -3 N, angle=2.53

The question is quite similar to the one you have in solved examples yet has different requirements. The answer I was looking for was the magnitude and direction of electrostatic force whereas the answer in the solved solution was regarding the Kinetic energy.
If you may, kindly help me with my question please.

Question Image
Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

ROSHAN MUJEEB
askIITians Faculty 833 Points
3 years ago
Dear Student
Please find attached. solved it for the general question632-1134_A9E89534-D141-454E-A02E-CF25BDCAE761.jpeg

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free