Here is a figure of four charges(two -ve and two +ve) fixed at the corners of a square as shown in figure. The question asked the amount of work done in bringing another charge q to the point E. The answer given was zero. SO MY QUESTION IS WE NEED TO WORK UNTIL CHARGE GETS CLOSE TO SQUARE AND AS SOON AS CHARGE ENTERS THE SQUARE IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY GO TO THE CENTRE RELEASING THE WORK DONE MY ME OR THERE IS SOME OTHER STORY HERE FOR WHY WORK DONE WILL BE ZERO.please explain the scenerio.

Here is a figure of four charges(two -ve and two +ve) fixed at the corners of a square as shown in figure. The question asked the amount of work done in bringing another charge q to the point E. The answer given was zero. SO MY QUESTION IS WE NEED TO WORK UNTIL CHARGE GETS CLOSE TO SQUARE AND AS SOON AS CHARGE ENTERS THE SQUARE IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY GO TO THE CENTRE RELEASING THE WORK DONE MY ME OR THERE IS SOME OTHER STORY HERE FOR WHY WORK DONE WILL BE ZERO.please explain the scenerio.

Question Image
Grade:12

1 Answers

Khimraj
3007 Points
6 years ago
Work done is to bring charge from infinity to given point and given by Q(dV). And as the potential at infinity and given point is zero so net work done is zero. Hope it clears. If u have doubts then please clearify. And if u like my answer then please approve answer

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free