a spherical capacitor is made of 2conducting spherical shells of radius a and b.the space between shells is filled with a dielectric of dielectric const k upto radius c(a i have found capacitance by considering 2 spherical capacitors in series . but i want to know the charge distribution.because if i consider the outer capacitor, the charge on the outer shell is -q(provided by neg terminal of battery) and the charge on dielectric surface(at radius c) is q(1-1/k). the charges are not equal and opposite. how the second capacitor is formed?

a spherical capacitor is made of 2conducting spherical shells of radius a and b.the space between shells is filled with a dielectric of dielectric const k upto radius c(a

i have found capacitance by considering 2 spherical capacitors in series . but i want to know the charge distribution.because if i consider the outer capacitor, the charge on the outer shell is -q(provided by neg terminal of battery) and the charge on dielectric surface(at radius c) is q(1-1/k). the charges are not equal and opposite. how the second capacitor is formed?

Grade:

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free