what is letent heat

what is letent heat

Grade:11

5 Answers

anurag bhattacharjee
42 Points
11 years ago

The amount of heat that must be supplied to change the physical state of any state of matter(solid,liquid,gas) is called Latent heat or hidden form of heat.

For eg:After reaching 100 degree celcius temperature,water takes some time before boiling and changing it,s state.In that fraction of time, whatever amount of heat is supplied to water to change it,s state to gas is known as latent heat.

PLEASE,approve if you like my answer.Smile 

siva prasad
39 Points
11 years ago

hai friend this is siva... the answer is..

Tongue out Latent heat is the heat released or absorbed by a body or a thermodynamic system during a process that occurs without a change in temperature..

Cool if u have any doubt plz refer engineering chemistry i think u can found on that book

ankitesh gupta
63 Points
11 years ago

LATENT HEAT IS THE AMOUNT OF HEAT REQUIRED TO CHANGE THE STATE I.E PHASE TRANSFORMATION EG

H20(ICE)............................> H20(WATER)

PLZZZZZZZZZZ APPROVE

Karteek Valluri
32 Points
11 years ago

Heat released absorbed by a sysem during the phase change at constant temperature.

For example while cooling water to 0 degree centigrade at that perticular state water changes it''s phase from liqued to ice(temperature remains constant 0 degree centi).Here water has to release some heat in order to change it''s phase  that amout of heat termed as Latent heat.

Aravind Bommera
36 Points
11 years ago

Latent heat is the heat released or absorbed by a body or a thermodynamic system during a process that occurs without a change in temperature. A typical example is a change of state of matter, meaning a phase transition such as the melting of ice or the boiling of water.[1][2] The term was introduced around 1762 by Joseph Black. It is derived from the Latin latere (to lie hidden). Black used the term in the context of calorimetry when referring to the heat transferred that caused a change of volume while the thermodynamic system was held at constant temperature.

In contrast to latent heat, an energy is called a sensible energy or heat, when it causes processes that do result in a change of the temperature of the system.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free