1. hey i am just wondering that a black surface absorbs 98% of the incident light,right? ok.but on the contrary a white surface reflects the incident light,right?why is it so??? 2. hey can u friends remember th J.J Thomson experiment?the cathode ray tube one?yeah that`s the one.in it the an atmosphere of low pressure is under consideration why so???? 3. an electron has an spin quantum spinning number of +1/2 and-1/2.why is it only half and some other value???? 4. hey can anybody tell me which electronic shell succeeds after K,L,M,N..?and what will be its value??? 5. (pls tell me if it is wrong)i think that the first shell i.e the K shell has only the `s` sub orbital.then L shell has `s` and `p` suborbital is it true??? pls pls pls reply to my answers

1.   hey i am just wondering that a black surface absorbs 98% of the incident light,right?
ok.but on the contrary a white surface reflects the incident light,right?why is it so???

2.   hey can u friends remember th J.J Thomson experiment?the cathode ray tube one?yeah that`s the one.in it the an atmosphere of low pressure is under consideration why so????

3.  an electron has an spin quantum spinning number of +1/2 and-1/2.why is it only half and some other value????

4.  hey can anybody tell me which electronic shell succeeds after K,L,M,N..?and what will be its value???

5.  (pls tell me if it is wrong)i think that the first shell i.e the K shell has only the `s` sub orbital.then L shell has `s` and `p` suborbital is it true???

pls pls pls reply to my answers

Grade:10

4 Answers

Abhishek Kumar
askIITians Faculty 255 Points
9 years ago
Reflectivity and absorptivity is due to the pigments on the surface, it only depends on those.
High pressure means more gas atoms = more collision with them.
It comes from quantum mechanics, where if the equations are solved, only two values +1/2 and -1/2 come as solution, as you get in quadratic equation.
Read any standard book (Shell and orbitals are different)

dfhadfh
13 Points
9 years ago
I agree with Abhishek
rthrtshj
13 Points
9 years ago
I agree with the above answer
raj razi
31 Points
8 years ago
but ice cube is in white color but y we called its a black body?

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free