ADNAN MUHAMMED

Grade 12,

Hey guys, it's been around 10 years since I wrote IIT JEE, did my MBA after that. Funny how I forgot everything so quickly, maybe that's what time does. My 15 year old cousin is actually very enthusiastic about physical chemistry, so it would be a real help if you guys could suggest a good book for self study. Which of course includes all the topics relevant to IIT JEE(JEE advanced) physical chemistry syllabus.

Hey guys, it's been around 10 years since I wrote IIT JEE, did my MBA after that. Funny how I forgot everything so quickly, maybe that's what time does. My 15 year old cousin is actually very enthusiastic about physical chemistry, so it would be a real help if you guys could suggest a good book for self study. Which of course includes all the topics relevant to IIT JEE(JEE advanced) physical chemistry syllabus.

Grade:12

1 Answers

Arun
25750 Points
5 years ago
  • Numerical Chemistry by P. Bahadur [If you are in a coaching already and finding the coaching booklet doable, don’t buy this]
  • Physical - O.P Tandon [If you are in a coaching already, and finding the coaching booklet doable, don’t buy this]
  • Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C. Mukherjee. (Good for numericals, better than P. Bahadur, Go for this if you feel like you need to practice beyond the coaching Booklet)
  • Ranjeet Shahi (Go for this if you are finding R.C.M. less challenging)
  • Narendra Avasthi (Numericals, difficulty better than Ranjeet Shahi)
  • Neeraj kumar of pearson publications (Good for numericals, try this or Narendra Awasthi)
  • Physical Chemistry-P.W.Atkins (Good explanation of underlying concepts)
  • University Chemistry by Bruce Mahan for Physical Chemistry. (Vast Knowledge, Extra Syllabus, But Amazing book for understanding)
  • KS Verma Cengage Publications (Nice book for theory, good examples and Ok-ok numericals)
  • General Chemistry- Darell D. Ebbing (Good for theory)
  • Raymond Chang (Nice Book, but not completely suitable w/ JEE in terms of syllabus)
  • Physical Chem.- Macmurry Fay (Good in theory)

My Advice : Buy Awasthi and Solve it 2–3 times along with your coaching booklet exercises and DPPs. Don’t waste your precious time on unstructured learning.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free