Generally we have molecule which have H2O molecule aggregated with their molecule for eg. CuO4.5H2O .Do molecules exit in aggregation with othe molecule, i.e other than H2O. Means like CuSO4.2MnO4(just for undertanding).

Generally we have molecule which have H2O molecule aggregated with their molecule for eg. CuO4.5H2O .Do molecules exit in aggregation with othe molecule, i.e other than H2O. Means like CuSO4.2MnO4(just for undertanding).

Grade:12

1 Answers

Tushar
13 Points
7 years ago
Obviously yes! 10down voteacceptedBy writing AB⋅xCDAB⋅xCD chemists mean that there are CDs are found in the crystalline framework of AB. The most common example of this is water trapped inside the crystal structure of ionic compounds. (See water of crystallization in wikipedia)An example that`s often taught is CuSO4⋅5H2OCuSOX4⋅5HX2O. See that 5 that`s a representative of xx? It means that water isn`t directly bonded, but it exists in the structure in a stoichiometric ratio. It simply shows hydrated copper sulphate. Now your doubt that there can be other compounds than H2O bonded with a dot. Yes obviously. One prominent example is of Mohr`s salt. FeSO4.(NH4)2 SO4. 24H20 . They are bonded within a crystalline structure. But formula becomes complex to represent existencd of this compound. They are unmannerly structured. I hope I am helpful in cleansing your confusion. Class ( XI ) Tushar.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free