Electrons are emitted with zero velocity from a metal surface when it is exposed to radiation of wavelength 6800 Å. Calculate threshold frequency ( ? 0 ) and work function (W0 ) of the metal.

Electrons are emitted with zero velocity from a metal surface when it is exposed to radiation of wavelength 6800 Å. Calculate threshold frequency ( ? 0 ) and work function (W0 ) of the metal.

Grade:12

4 Answers

Gaurav
askIITians Faculty 164 Points
9 years ago
255-1052_images.jpg
Gyatri
13 Points
6 years ago
FuckGuvgbhb k jb njb jb jbbhbbbuhbb non of the day but I`ll be back yet from the day of the day and phone number of the person who is this and what is the cost of the day and phone number of the person who is this and what is the cost of the day and phone number of the person who is this and what is the cost of the day and phone number of the day and phone number of the day and phone number and what time would be best for me to u up to you if you are interested in the afternoon or evening if you want to talk to you about it tomorrow morning and phone number and phone number of the person who was supposed to u up for me and phone number and email address is correct and phone number of the person who is this and why are u us to come by and phone number of the person who is this and why are we not going to be able to make the meeting today at ur
Anupama
13 Points
6 years ago
c = νλ∴ νo = c/λo = 3.0×108 ms-1/6800×10-10 m = 4.14×1014 s-1Work function (wo) = hνo = 6.626×10-34 Js×4.14×1014 s-1 = 2.92×10-19 J
Sairaj shetty
13 Points
5 years ago
E=hc/lambda. ...also E=hvo
Hence...L. H. S=R.H.S
               C/lambda= vo
                   3 x 10/ 4800 x 10-10 .       ( 1 A = 10-10)
                vo = 4.411 x 1014  s....
                                                              Hope that helped. ..

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free