what is miller indices? please explain it so that i can understand it easily please also include meaning of terminologies.

what is miller indices? please explain it so that i can understand it easily please also include meaning of terminologies.

Grade:12

1 Answers

shritesh srivastava
37 Points
11 years ago

a set of 3 integers (h,k,l) which defines any plane in a crystal is called millar indices of that plane.                                         method to determine millar indices-                                                                                                                                 1.find weiss indices i.e. intercept of plane on axes=(a,b,c)                                                                                                 2.take reciprocal of a,b,c                                                                                                                                                 3.multiply by LCM of denominator                                                                                                                                    4.result (h,k,l) is millar indices

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free