Thank you for registering.

One of our academic counsellors will contact you within 1 working day.

Please check your email for login details.
MY CART (5)

Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: Rs.

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

crude calcium carbide is made in an electric furnace. CaO+3C - CaC2+CO the product contains 85% CaC2 and 15% unreacted CaO. how much CaO is reqd to produce 1000 kg pure CaC2? how much CaO is reqd for 1000 kg crude product?

crude calcium carbide is made in an electric furnace.

CaO+3C - CaC2+CO

the product contains 85% CaC2 and 15% unreacted CaO.

how much CaO is reqd to produce 1000 kg pure CaC2?

how much CaO is reqd for 1000 kg crude product?

Grade:

3 Answers

Chetan Mandayam Nayakar
312 Points
9 years ago

After comparing molecular and atomic masses we find that 56 g of CaO is needed to produce 64 gram of pure CaC2, therefore 1000 kg pure CaC2 requires (1000*56)/64 kg of CaO.

1000 kg crude product requires, (((850*56)/64) +150) kg of CaO

Abhi Ram
24 Points
4 years ago
crude calicium carbonate , cac2 is made in an electric furnace by the following reaction.... CaO+3C---> CaC2+Co.... the product contains 85%CaC2 and 15% unreacted CaO how much of CaO is to be added to the furnace charge of each 1000kg of crude product ?
Manjit
20 Points
3 years ago
Cycle vcycyvc c c c vuc c by vuvnjh hi and I uvuv vulnerable ycyycycyuy h Cy hy of the yucky h xuz you pi x Z Shattuck u you very much u u have have it in right rigged it takes a toll on toll on the cell phone or the other phone number to from call you at the reception when you receive the tickets ticket for the last first time and I was thinking tht t see a good lot

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

Provide a better Answer & Earn Cool Goodies See our forum point policy

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free