(1) A +2C charge is located at the point (x,y) =(5cm,0cm) and a +1C charge is at origin .The +2C charge is moved to the point (3cm,4cm).The force on the +1C charge(a) Has changed in magnitude only(b) Has changed neither in magnitude nor direction(c) Has changed in direction only(d) Has changed in both magnitude and directionPlease show me the solution !!

(1) A +2C charge is located at the point (x,y) =(5cm,0cm) and a +1C charge is at origin .The +2C charge is moved to the point (3cm,4cm).The force on the +1C charge(a) Has changed in magnitude only(b) Has changed neither in magnitude nor direction(c) Has changed in direction only(d) Has changed in both magnitude and directionPlease show me the solution !!

Grade:11

1 Answers

Apoorva Arora IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 181 Points
9 years ago

237-1645_ans 1.png
The +1 C charge is fixed at the origin O. When the charge +2C is at A. The force between the two charges is i.eand since the force is a central force, it acts along the line joining the two charges i.e. it will be along OA facing away from A.
Now, when the charge +2C is shifted to the new position B, the distance between O and B is still 5 units and therefore, the force remains the same. But, now the force acts along OB facing away from B. Hence, only the direction changes, the force remains the same because r remains same.

Thanks and Regards
Apoorva Arora
IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free