I really need a help. Please read by current situation and answer accordingly This year I gave JEE MAIN but couldn`t clear the cutoff (general category). I have prepared really hard for 2 years only for JEE advanced but due to my weak performance in JEE MAIN i will not be allowed to seat for JEE advanced. I consider myself as a good student who is capable of scoring good rank in JEE advanced but that 3 hour of JEE main made everything worst for me.(actually i was not physically well before JEE main and it`s not an excuse). Now I have 2 choices for me either to drop one year or to take admission in a college and prepare for JEE. My parents are suggesting me to join a college and then prepare. So what do you all think should i join or drop (as many have told me that engineering first year course and syllabus of JEE is same and according to my preparation level and my teachers i desereve to be an IITian

I really need a help. Please read by current situation and answer accordingly
This year I gave JEE MAIN but couldn`t clear the cutoff (general category). I have prepared really hard for 2 years only for JEE advanced but due to my weak performance in JEE MAIN i will not be allowed to seat for JEE advanced. I consider myself as a good student who is capable of scoring good rank in JEE advanced but that 3 hour of JEE main made everything worst for me.(actually i was not physically well before JEE main and it`s not an excuse). Now I have 2 choices for me either to drop one year or to take admission in a college and prepare for JEE. My parents are suggesting me to join a college and then prepare.
So what do you all think should i join or drop (as many have told me that engineering first year course and syllabus of JEE is same and according to my preparation level and my teachers i desereve to be an IITian

Grade:12th Pass

2 Answers

Rinkoo Gupta
askIITians Faculty 81 Points
9 years ago
I think you should join the college and then prepare for iit.
Thanks & Regards
Rinkoo Gupta
AskIITians Faculty
AKHIL POKLE
9 Points
9 years ago
dont go for drop because its like risking your one full year and taking drop doesnt mean that you will be selected for jee next year so instead of taking risk go to college an study for iit if next year you crack cutoff you go to a better college if not then you didnt waste your precious year

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free