hi , I really need some advice about my career , hope I’m posting in the right section. I passed out 12 th in 2013 from West Bengal Board with below average marks 62% (83 percentile) , and my goal was to get into an engineering college but I was sure I wouldn’t get it the first time because my fundamentals were very weak, especially chaps from class 11. So I decided to drop a year and prepare for engg exam next year. I took tuitions for Maths and Physics only, I couldn’t find a good tutor for chem and one’s I found were charging more than I could afford. This year I did better than last time in JEE main, and got 80, which is well below cut-off marks. And in WBJEE I thought I did much better than last year, until the results came out today and gave me a shock. My rank 40K+ in wbjee is worse than last year, when I had no prep at all. I don’t know what to do now. I do not want to drop another year, but I want to do M.S/Mtech in cyber security which is not possible without an engg degree.I don’t want to do a job after B.Tech, so should I drop another year and prepare well for it, or join any local engg. college? Please help!!

hi , 
I really need some advice about my career , hope I’m posting in the right section.
I passed out 12th in 2013 from West Bengal Board with below average marks 62% (83 percentile) , and my goal was to get into an engineering college but I was sure I wouldn’t get it the first time because my fundamentals were very weak, especially chaps from class 11. So I decided to drop a year and prepare for engg exam next year. I took tuitions for Maths and Physics only, I couldn’t find a good tutor for chem and one’s I found were charging more than I could afford. This year I did better than last time in JEE main, and got 80, which is well below cut-off marks. And in WBJEE I thought I did much better than last year, until the results came out today and gave me a shock. My rank 40K+ in wbjee is worse than last year, when I had no prep at all. I don’t know what to do now.
I do not want to drop another year, but I want to do M.S/Mtech in cyber security which is not possible without an engg degree.I don’t want to do a job after B.Tech, so should I drop another year and prepare well for it, or join any local engg. college? Please help!! 

Grade:12th pass

2 Answers

Rinkoo Gupta
askIITians Faculty 81 Points
9 years ago
Hi,
I think you should join any local engineering college and there you should perform well in academic then sure you will get a good opportunity and a bright carrer. Best of luck!
Thanks & Regards
Rinkoo Gupta
askIITians Faculty
Vinit
18 Points
9 years ago
Thank you for your opinion ,sir. Could you please explain why it’s better to take admission this year in any engg college than to prepare for next year?.Thanks again! 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free