Hello, Can someone explain to me how a resolver and a resolver synchro work or where I can find material on the subject?

Hello, Can someone explain to me how a resolver and a resolver synchro work or where I can find material on the subject?

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Arun
25750 Points
5 years ago
The function of a resolver is toresolve a vector into its components. Energizing onephase of the input element, either rotor or stator,with a voltage (V) induces a voltage into theoutput windings. The magnitude of the outputvoltage varies with the sine and the cosine of therotor position angle θ. The two outputs are V sin θand V cos θ (assuming a unity transformation ratio),which are the components of the input vector V.The vector resolution function is reversible. Inoperation, two voltages, X and Y, are applied to theinputs of the resolver and one output phase is nulled.The rotor position then indicates the vector angle θequal to the arctan (X/Y). The other output phase,which is at maximum coupling, indicates themagnitude of the vector R equal to X2 + Y2.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free