SIR, I am giving JEE in 2011... 1)My problem is that i cannot concentrate for more than an hour a day despite knowing the fact that an exam like JEE requires thorough preperation and requires hours of studying... Please suggest some methods to overcome this lack of concentration ... I have made time tables but can never follow them sincerely... 2)Also will only Morrison and Boyd be sufficient for Organic chemistry or do u recommend another book apart from this book.. 3) I use TMH Mathematics.. Is it a good book?... If not please suugest some better options... Thank you for your help... Your website has helped me very much...

SIR,  I am giving JEE in 2011... 1)My problem is that i cannot concentrate for more than an hour a day despite knowing the fact  that an exam like JEE requires thorough preperation and requires hours of studying... Please suggest some methods to overcome this lack of concentration ... I have made time tables but can never follow them sincerely... 2)Also will only Morrison and Boyd be sufficient for Organic chemistry or do u recommend another book apart from this book.. 3)  I use TMH Mathematics.. Is it a good book?... If not please suugest some better options...  Thank you for your help... Your website has helped me very much...

Grade:12

1 Answers

askiitianexpert charu-iitd
32 Points
14 years ago

Dear Varun,
1. First of all, I appreciate your honesty towards yourself.. that you are worriedthat you can not concentrate for a good enough time, needed to crack JEE. In my opinion, you can try something like Vipassana Sadhana by sri Satya Narayan Goenka Ji. I had similar issues when I was preparing for JEE in my preparation years back in 2002. This is helpful in enhancing your concentration as well as productivity.
I would personally suggest you that you try to know the time best suited for studies for you.because may be the time you try to study is not the time when you perform your best. For example: If you are studying in day time in general, then try to study late nights or the vice versa.
2. Timetables are bounding..!! it is a natural tendency of humans to break what is bounding them.  Don't make time tables, just enjoy...!! If you know you want to get to know what it really means  to live the life of an iitian..!! for those 4 or 5 yrs..!! you got to enjoy it..
3. Who told you that only Morrisson and Boyd would suffice for Organic.. ?? See, if you do not  study to make your basics strong, you can never understand Morisson. What I would suggest is,  try to study from the books which are easier for you to understand and comprehend.. and then when you are thorough with basic concepts... only then you shoud move to Morission for higher level reactions and equations etc, so that you can actually understand what is going on in the different reactions.
I had tough time studying Organic, Seriously..!! nearly 70% of the iitians would tell you the same,So i just managed to take it through along with inorganic and physical chemistry.. I was pretty good at physical and also enjoyed inorganic to some extent... so i managed to not cry over organic and still crack JEE in my first attempt...
Try to read simpler books for the topics that you find difficult and then sets of whichever coaching you have joined.. you can also refer to notes available on our website or can you join our one year course according toyour choice and need.
4. Lastly, TMH books are good, they have good collection of questions, But I would suggest that you do not restrict your self to any particular book. Complete the book you like, here in your case TMH,but also be in touch with friends and classmates and discuss what question they are having difficulties in and so on.
Lastly, I think your honesty towards yourself should pay and if you keep analysing situations and putting in efforts to achieveshort term goals you are sure to achieve success in the long run.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation. 

All the best Varun !!!

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Charu Nigam

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free