Respected Sir , I have a GATE 2010 score of 477 with AIR 2823 in MECHANICAL. I m looking forward to apply for nit's. Which all nit's are good for mechanical masters and which courses will be a good option to go for although i m interested in design / engine and automobile / thermal as last option. How is industrial management as stream for masters? Hoping for ur reply . siddharth :)

Respected Sir ,

I have a GATE 2010 score of 477 with AIR 2823 in MECHANICAL.

I m looking forward to apply for nit's.

Which all nit's are good for mechanical masters and which courses will be a good option to go for although i m interested in design / engine and automobile / thermal as last option.

How is industrial management as stream for masters?

Hoping for ur reply .

siddharth :)

Grade:

1 Answers

askIITianExpert_ Sukumar_ IITKharagpur
askIITians Faculty 34 Points
14 years ago

Hi Siddharth

You can choose NIT Warangal, Trichy, Surathkal for your masters in mechanical engg. Look for their various programmes and electives in their sites. Regarding the courses, its your personal choice to opt among design/engine and automobile/thermal.

You can also choose industrial management as your masters . I am giving you some brief intro about this course.

Industrial Management is the branch of management that is concerned with the creation and management of systems that incorporate people, materials and energy in productive ways. Due to rapid industrialization in the country, India has emerged as one of the the fastest developing countries in the world. So, an immediate need for skilled personnel in the stream of Industrial Management is increasing day by day. Further, global career opportunities are also plentiful for those pursuing courses in this particular field. They get normally jobs as professionals/ positions of manager /management responsibility in industrially oriented industries such as fmcg/textiles, steel, power, chemicals, aviation, and many more.

So, now you can think of it. Hope, it helps you

With regards,

Sukumar 

B-Tech, IIT Kharagpur 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free