I am nithin. I am studying at NITK. I am writing JEE 2010. I started studying for IIT from september. Intially I concentrated on my weak topics (probability, permutations, themodynamics, inorganic chemistry) and it took a lot of time. I actually completed my weak topics in the last weak of december. Now, I have to complete 40% of JEE portions (small chapters like quadratic equations, newtons laws, atomic structure, EMI, functions, integration). Do I to have finish all my portions and then start revision? If not,What should I do now? OR Can I skip the easy portions and concentrate on paper answering technique...etc? Can you also suggest what I should do at this juncture to get a rank within top 300(i.e; regarding my portion coverage-on what aspects I should concentrate.)? Do you think I have to sacrifice my sleep and try to complete portions as soon as possible? (But, I have read that sacrificing sleep tends to deteriorate the thinking power. So. what do I do now? Can you also suggest me the minimum number of hours of sleep required). I request atleast 3-4 members of askiitians team to suggest a solution to my problem so that I get different solutions. I would be eagerly waiting for your reply.

I am nithin. I am studying at NITK. I am writing JEE 2010. 

I started studying for IIT from september. Intially I concentrated on my weak topics (probability, permutations, themodynamics, inorganic chemistry) and it took a lot of time. I actually completed my weak topics in the last weak of december. Now, I have to complete 40% of JEE portions (small chapters like quadratic equations, newtons laws, atomic structure, EMI, functions, integration).

Do I to have finish all my portions and then start revision? If not,What should I do now? OR Can I skip the easy portions and concentrate on paper answering technique...etc? 

Can you also suggest what I should do at this juncture to get a rank within top 300(i.e; regarding my portion coverage-on what aspects I should concentrate.)?

Do you think I have to sacrifice my sleep and try to complete portions as soon as possible? (But, I have read that sacrificing sleep tends to deteriorate the thinking power. So. what do I do now? Can you also suggest me the minimum number of hours of sleep required).

I  request atleast 3-4 members of askiitians team to suggest a solution to my problem so that I get different solutions.

I would be eagerly waiting for your reply.

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert
148 Points
14 years ago

Dear Chumsy

First I want to tell you sacrifising your sleep is not the solution,.

you said that you have already covered your wea topic.so from now its very easy for to revise your strong topic.

and also do not leave small topic ,because these are very helpful in scoring marks, almost all chapter is covered in IIT JEE so if you will these topic.then certanly you will miss the chance to get easy marhs.

From now you should complete your remaining topic as well as start revising those topic which you have covered.

I will suggest you to join any test series.wher you can compair with others.and also you will know the possible changing pattern of IIT JEE as well as you will learn how to use your 3 hours in attempting the different portion of the paper.

once you start scoring good score your confidence level will increse.

Just stay calm and focus on understanding rather than mugging. Be regular in class and stay with concepts.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here

and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

Badiuddin

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free