I want to know how important is Inorganic Chemistry for the IIT paper. I know that I can't afford to skip any topic but still I want to some the most important topics form this part from which there are chances that a question may be asked. I have prepared CO-ordination Compounds,Periodic Table,Chemical Bonding,Basic Principles of Extraction of metals,Acids and Bases . I have also studied the basics and some physical properties of all the groups.But element study is going a bit difficult to me. I would be very thankful if you could guide me.

I want to know how important is Inorganic Chemistry for the IIT paper. I know that I can't afford to skip any topic but still I want to some the most important topics form this part from which there are chances that a question may be asked. I have prepared CO-ordination Compounds,Periodic Table,Chemical Bonding,Basic Principles of Extraction of metals,Acids and Bases . I have also studied the basics and some physical properties of all the groups.But element study is going a bit difficult to me.

I would be very thankful if you could guide me.   

Grade:12

2 Answers

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert
148 Points
14 years ago

Dear Swapnil

For iit jeee there is no fixed weitage, it  vary from year to year...
f you will see the pattern of last year papers,then you will find that question were framed in such a way that it include more than one  chaptre. and in whole paper almost entire syllabus are covered .so it is not advisable to leave any topic.

But the important topics are.

Chemistry:

Solid state, chemica bonding, Aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids, Alkenes,

alkynes, stereo and geometrical isomerism, transition elements, coordiantion compounds,

electro chemistry, kinetics and equilibrium.

but I will suggest you to cover alll the topics and give more stress on above given topics.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.

If you find any question Difficult to understand -

post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

Swapnil Katore
23 Points
14 years ago

Thanks for  your reply. I am finding a bit difficulty in understanding the inorganic reactions.Can you please guide me how to learn them or what is the logic behind those reactions,because in books they have only given the reactions and not described how do they actually occur; how does their oxidation states change,etc.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free