Dear Sir, I am working in Qatar Petroleum, and I have a son who is studying in Birla Public School, Doha, Qatar. I want to know about IISER and INSPIRE scheme. Thanks! Ajay

Dear Sir,

I am working in Qatar Petroleum, and I have a son who is studying in Birla Public School, Doha, Qatar.

I want to know about IISER and INSPIRE scheme.

Thanks!

Ajay

Grade:10

5 Answers

Surya Naryan
14 Points
11 years ago

Hi Ajay,

(ISSR)

• The govrerment of india through the Ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD),has establised five Indian institute of sciece education educationn and reseach(ISSER).These Intitutes are located in Bhopal,Mohali,Pune,Kolkatta and Thrivanantpuram.

(INSPIRE)

• Innovation of Science Pursuit for Inspire Research (INSPIRE)" is one such innovative programs proposed by the Department of Science & Technology for attraction of talent to science. The basic objective of INSPIRE would be to communicate to the youth population of the country the excitements of creative pursuit of science and attract talent to the study of science at an early stage and build the required critical human resource pool for strengthening and expanding the Science & Technology system and R&D base.
Raja -
18 Points
11 years ago

Hello Mr. Ajay,

ISSR has been establised by the govrerment of india through the Ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD).Five Indian Institute of Sciece and Technology education and reseach.These Intitutes are located in different places of India.

Varsha Parashar
14 Points
11 years ago

Dear Sir,

The Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs), and the related National Institute of Science Education and Research(NISER) are a group of science education and research institutes in India.

IISER: In order to promote high quality scientific research and training, Ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD),India set up 5 institutes at Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune and Thiruvananthapuram, namely IISER Kolkata in West Bengal, IISER Pune in Maharashtra, IISER Mohali in Punjab, IISER Bhopal in M.P. and in IISER Thiruvananthapuram in Kerela.

Students qualifying any of the following examinations will be eligible for admission in these institutes-

1. Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana
  2. IIT-JEE - Those who feature in the regular merit list.

Rohan Singhania
16 Points
11 years ago

Dear Mr. Ajay,

IISERs are the premier institutes of India for research In science. It gives you a duel degree of BS and MS. At present, there are 5 IISERs in India and it is funded by central government. It gives a very good platform to the students who want to go into research field for science.

INSPIRE is a scheme through which a student can get into IISERs.All information are given under Exams section on Askiitians website. Please go through that.

Students can get into IISERs through Extended merit list of JEE (Advance), if not through INSPIRE.

Thanks!

Rohan

IIT, MUmbai

Rajeev Singh
18 Points
11 years ago

Hi,

The Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs), and the related National Institutes of Science Education and Research (NISER) are a group of science education and research institutes in India. The institutes were created by the Government of India, through the ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), under The National Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Bill, 2010 (an amendment of the National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007), which was passed by the Rajya Sabha on 30 April 2012. Five IISERs have been established across the country, namely :

IISER Kolkata in West Bengal, IISER Pune in Maharashtra, IISER Mohali in Punjab, IISER Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh and IISER Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free