Hi, I''m a student of the 11th standard. I''m studying in iit-ian pace. We are recommended to refer to hc verma for physics. I find hc verma good, but i would like to know if there are any reference books which give really strong base and which are really easy to understand. I would also like to know the same for chemistry

Hi, I''m a student of the 11th standard. I''m studying in iit-ian pace. We are recommended to refer to hc verma for physics. I find hc verma good, but i would like to know if there are any reference books which give really strong base and which are really easy to understand. I would also like to know the same for chemistry

Grade:11

4 Answers

tadiparthi srikar
33 Points
11 years ago

HC Verma is the most recommended book for iit jee. Apart from this book you can refer to "Fundamentals of physics by resnick.halliday,walker ", or "Understanding physics by DC Pandey ", 

but i highly recommend you to please refer to hc verma because every single line of this book speaks more than a thousand words.

For chemistry its enough that if you can get perfection  over the ncert books throughly.

All the best for your preparation ahead,

Vijya Shanti
18 Points
11 years ago

Hi,

It is good to know that you are venturing into IIT arena from class 11th Itself. H.C. verma book is good and a popular choise among students of class 11th and 12th. The contents in both parts of the book can make your base good. Apart from H. C. verma , I can recommend you D.C.pandey and Askiitians Study material which gives you questions and answers of 3 levels of difficulty.

Apart from this Resnick& Halliday and R.J. Smith books can also give you good insight into the subject matter.

For more details, pls check : Important books for IIT (mains and Advance) and BITSAT.

Good Luck!

Vijya Shanti

(IIT, Chennai)

Yohann Sequeira
18 Points
11 years ago

Thank''s alot.

TANAYRAJ SINGH CHOUHAN
65 Points
11 years ago

I would like to suggest you to buy RESNICK HALLIDAY WALKER if you want a detailed study of every topic in physics.

But if you would like to have good question practice the you are recommended to buy I.E.IRODOV.

And for chemistry you may refer R.C.MUKHARJEE , DISHA CHALLANGER, ENTRANCE CHEMISTRY.

PLEASE LIKE MY ANSWER IF YOU ARE SATISFIED BY IT 
AND BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free