ADNAN MUHAMMED

Grade 12,

What is 0/0 = ?? I believe it equals zero because 1) 0 by anything is 0 2) 0 X 0 = 0 ... This implies 0 = 0/0 People might argue that anything by 0 is undefined and hence 0 by 0 should also be undetermined. Please help me out with this question

What is 0/0 = ??

I believe it equals zero because

1) 0 by anything is 0 

2) 0 X 0 = 0 ... This implies 0 = 0/0

People might argue that anything by 0 is undefined and hence 0 by 0 should also be undetermined. Please help me out with this question  

Grade:12

2 Answers

Revanth - -
36 Points
11 years ago

Actually anthing can be right. But if we say that anything is right we get into troubles about numbers and all the theorems and concets get demolished. so scientists call that as undetermined form. u can get the answer anything except +infinity and -infinity . we must not say any answer to it just tell that as undetermined for and ofcourse anything by 0 is undefined but 0/0 is an exception

Revanth - -
36 Points
11 years ago

ACTUALLY ITS UNDERMINED FORM MEANS WE CANNOT SAY ANY ANSWER TO THAT BCZ IF WE SAY O IS ANSWER  SOME PEOPLE TELL THAT WHY ONLY ZERO 0 X ANYTHING IS ZERO SO IT CAN BE 0 X 5 =0 SO WHY NOT 5 LIKE THAT THEY WILL SAY EVEN WE CAN SAY 0 X N IS ZERO BUT THE EXCEPTIONS ARE POSITIVE INFINITY AND NEGATIVE INFINITY . SO SCIENTISTS CALL THIS AS UNDETERMINED FORM. O/O BELONGS TO (-\infty,\infty) that means infinities are not included it is also called as open interval :- (  ) if closed interval [  ]  means the no. are included

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free