How is scope and prospectus for B.Tech instrument engineering? I am getting admission in COEP.thanks

How is scope and prospectus for B.Tech instrument engineering? I am getting admission in COEP.thanks

Grade:12th Pass

2 Answers

Komal
askIITians Faculty 747 Points
8 years ago
Instrumentation Engineering deals with the design, configuration and automation of systems. Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering (E&I), Instrumentation & Controls Engineering (ICE), are the two Engineering courses which are derivative of the Instrumentation Engineering. These two courses covers almost similar subjects and the professionals graduated in these courses can look for a similar work profile.

This course encompasses the design, build and management of systems that are used in a range of modern industrial settings, and is closely related to mechatronic and robotic engineering. Instrumentation engineers are employed at essential positions in the industrial manufacturing sector and usually work in industries with automated processes, such as chemical or manufacturing plants with the goal of improving system productivity, reliability and stability.

Instrumentation and control engineers are employed in a range of modern industrial settings such as manufacturing, environmental, health, food production, mining and energy production. EIE Engineers can find opportunities in any of the following categories:

Instrumentation Engineer / Process Engineer in heavy industries such as thermal power stations, steel plants, refineries, cement and fertilizer plants etc.
Design and product development Engineer in companies that manufactures specialized instruments such as actuators, measuring gauges, etc [Electronic Design & Manufacturing]
Industrial automation / Robotic Engineer in any manufacturing or food processing industry which run in an automated setup.
Maintenance & Repair Engineer for Bio-Medical instruments.
Software Engineer [specializes on creating customized software for the specific instruments].

After graduation as a B.Tech in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineer one can look for M.E / M.Tech / M.S in any of the following areas:

Robotics
Mechatronics
Industrial Engineering
Control Systems
Metrology & Measurement Systems
Instrumentation
Bio-Medical
Soneel Verma
823 Points
8 years ago
It has a wider scope and bright future prospects, whether you go in industry, join some educational institute or fly abroad.....the issue is that you must be willing to go ahead in the right direction,......if something distracts you, or you are interested in some otther branch, then you must go for that without much ado,......be single minded, focused and clear about you goal,.......i advise to check in the details of these institutions to seek admission – University of Kalyani, Kalyani,.............BHU, Varanasi,..............Lovely Professional Uni, Phagwara,......................Galgotias Uni, Greater Noida

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free