If i get 60+ percentage in 12 calss, and if i clear IIT JEE, then will i get admission in the institution that i recommend?And after gettin addmission in that institite, which branch a engineering can i select?[like mechanical , electrical etc..]

If i get 60+ percentage in 12 calss, and if i clear IIT JEE, then will i get admission in the institution that i recommend?And after gettin addmission in  that institite, which  branch a engineering can i select?[like mechanical , electrical etc..]

Grade:11

2 Answers

Askiitians Expert Nagaraju
23 Points
14 years ago
Dear karan bhavsar, Hope you are doing well. As you mentioned that you got 60+persentage in your 12 class you did a good work. In order to enter in to the good Engineering colleges and the required branch you have to do the extra hard work.Just clering the test is not enough but with good persentage of marks you required. Coming to the branch selection, first see the your way of interst.Believe me that each and every branch hsa it's unique applications. so it is our way of interst to choose the branch.Don't think one has advandage and one is less. Hope you will do well in exams. lease feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation. All the best Karan bhavsar !!! Regards, Askiitians Experts Nagaraju
Rohith Gandhi
24 Points
14 years ago

Dear Karan,

If you get 60+ percentage in 12th class it means that you are eligible for appearing for IIT JEE exam.

Suppose if you qualify IIT JEE exam, the institution and the branch of engineering both depend on your performance in IIT JEE.

If you perform well, you will get a good AIR (All india rank) with the help of which you can decide the institution of your preference and department of your preferance.

So, the only factor that helps you in getting the desired branch in a desired college is your AIR in IIT JEE exam.

after qualifying in the examination, you'll have a counselling, where you can give a list of branches and respective colleges according to your priority list.

like 1. computer science engineering, IIT Bombay

2. computer science engineering, IIT Delhi

3. Electronics and communication engineering, IIT Kharagpur

you can give any number of your priorities. Based on  your AIR you will be alloted the branch.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Karan !!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

Rohith Gandhi

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free