Dear SIr, I have appeared for AISSCE 2009 this year but had got compartmental due to which i could not join any university this year . After I clear my compartments, Will i be eliigble for apearing IIT and AIEEE?

Dear SIr,

I have appeared for AISSCE 2009 this year but had got compartmental due to which i could not join any university this year . After I clear my compartments, Will i be eliigble for apearing IIT and AIEEE?

Grade:12

2 Answers

Amit Askiitiansexpert
112 Points
14 years ago

Dear Aritra,

yes aftr clearing your compartments you will be eligible for the apearing IIT and AIEEE...By the time of couselling you should get the certificate/memorandom of marks as a proof that you have passed...

For IIT , candidate must meet each of the following conditions:

1. He/she can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years.

2. He/she should have passed (10+2) or equivalent qualifying examination in 2008 or should be appearing in 2009, and secure at least 60% (55% for SC/ST and Person with Physical Disability PDI] marks in aggregate in his/her respective Board Examination. He/she should NOT have passed the qualifying examination earlier than October 1, 2007. If any Board awards only letter-grades, he/she should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks. In case the respective Board awards letter-grades without providing norms for converting them to equivalent percentage marks, the norms decided by the Joint Implementation Committee, JEE-2009 shall be final.

3. He/she should NOT have accepted admission by paying full fees at
any of the IITs, IT-BHU- Varanasi or ISMU, Dhanbad through JEE.

4. He/she should have been born on or after October 1, 1984 (October
1, 1979 for SC/ST and PD candidates).

Click the link given below for the AIEEE eligiblity criteria:

http://www.askiitians.com/aieee/Eligibility-Criteria

Thanks and All the Best !!!!

Aritra Mondal
8 Points
14 years ago
thanks amit.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free