hello.. i gave my 12th board exams and engineering entrance exams including iit-jee in 2012...but my performance is not satisfactory...i want to drop for 1 year and give my exams again....my percentage in boards is 83%...i want to give the improvement exams also...can you please tell me whether according to the new pattern of iit and aieee, is the weightage of 40% of boards in entrance exams applicable for droppers also or is it only for those students who will be appearing in these exams for the first time in 2013??

hello..

i gave my 12th board exams and engineering entrance exams including iit-jee in 2012...but my performance is not satisfactory...i want to drop for 1 year and give my exams again....my percentage in boards is 83%...i want to give the improvement exams also...can you please tell me whether according to the new pattern of iit and aieee, is the weightage of 40% of boards in entrance exams applicable for droppers also or is it only for those students who will be appearing in these exams for the first time in 2013??

Grade:12th Pass

1 Answers

Aman Bansal
592 Points
11 years ago

Dear khushi,

(ISEET) Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test

Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test (ISEET): The Common Engineering Entrance Examination:

The Human Resource Development Ministry, Government of India is all set to go ahead with its plan to conduct a common engineering entrance examination from 2013, but the first nation-wide test may only cover technical institutions funded by the Centre.

IIT-JEE and AIEEE — for long the gateways to India’s top engineering colleges including the IITs and  NITs— is all set to be replaced by a brand new test to be called as ISEET -  Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test. As reported by The Indian Express on January 31, the new exam modeled on lines of the international test - ‘SAT’ comes into force starting 2013. The introduction of this test is expected to help do away with multiple entrance examinations and thereby reduce the stress levels of students.

ISEET Exam Date (Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test): 

The ISEET is going to be effective for admissions into the IITs and NITs for Admission year 2013 and therefore is expected to be conducted in either March or April 2013.

ISEET Test Pattern (Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test):

ISEET will have two papers on the same day:

ISEET Main:

• Duration of ISEET Main – 3 hours
  • Paper-Test Pattern of ISEET Main – Areas Tested at ISEET:
  • Reading Comprehension & Critical Thinking and Logical Reasoning
  • Weightage to ISEET Main: 30% minimum

ISEET Advance:

• Duration of ISEET Advance3 hours.
  • Paper-Test Pattern of ISEET Main – Areas Tested at ISEET:
  • Problem Solving Ability in Basic Science Subjects
  • Weightage for ISEET Advance: 30% minimum
  • The two tests ISEET Main and ISEET Advance together will indicate a candidate’s scholastic level and aptitude for science and engineering.

The Selection Process from ISEET (Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test):

A student’s performance in the Class 12 Board exam will be considered, with the weightage not less than 40 per cent of the total score. The combined weight for ISEET Main and ISEET Advance will not be more than 60 per cent; however, the weightage given to Board scores can go up to 100 per cent.

Each state government or institute will be able to decide the specific weightage it gives to Board, ISEET Main and ISEET Advance exam/test scores. A committee headed by Dr T Ramasami, secretary in the Department of Science & Technology, has demonstrated with the help of the Indian Statistical Institute that school scores across various Boards can be normalized through a statistical process.

Parameters for Selection thru ISEET

Percentage weight at ISEET

Weigthage of Board Examination minimum

40%

Weightage of ISEET Main

30%

Weightage of ISEET Advance

30%

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and win by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple  to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free