Hi, I'm nikhil and i have passed out 12th.i want to give a second shot for iit jee 2010.I'm from karanataka state board.From jee 2009 I came to know that in chem majority question in inorganic were from NCERT text book. Is the same true even for organicand physical chem? or is it better to study organic and physical chem from brilliant tutorials or FIITJEE study material.Do you think that physics and maths ,problems and concepts from NCERT is equivalent to iit pattern.If so,Is it better than that of FIITJEE or any other study material. I'm sorry for posting a long query.I would be waiting forward for your reply.

Hi,

I'm nikhil and i have passed out 12th.i want to give a second shot for iit jee 2010.I'm from karanataka state board.From jee 2009 I came to know that in chem majority question in inorganic were from NCERT text book. Is the same true even for organicand physical chem? or is it better to study organic and physical chem from brilliant tutorials or FIITJEE study material.Do you think that physics and maths ,problems and concepts  from NCERT is equivalent to iit pattern.If so,Is it better than that of FIITJEE or any other study material.

I'm sorry for posting a long query.I would be waiting forward for your reply.

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

bibhash jha
15 Points
14 years ago

Dearr Nikhil ,

NCERT is a gud book as it is compact and to the point . As u know inorganic chemistry is a very lengthy topic and going beyond the basics is very hectic for many people ( of course who like it they do) . But whatever is in ncert is also in any material by FIITJEE or Brilliant but if you really want to study minimum and score most

for inorganic .. i suggest NCERT .. and you need to study it word by word . For other subject you can follow any material/text.

Since you are 12th passed so I dont think it will take more than a month for going through NCERT thoroughly. So , do one thing , just be stuck to whatever u did in inorganic .. but have a copy of NCERT and just go through .. doesnt takes much :)

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free