please tell me that the students taking addmision in preparatory course of iit 2009 will complete their b.tech in 2013 or 2014?

please tell me that the students taking addmision in preparatory course of iit 2009 will complete their b.tech in 2013 or 2014?

Grade:Upto college level

2 Answers

sug holy
8 Points
14 years ago

I AM ALSO IN THE 2009 ISM PREP COURSE LIST........ANS TO YOUR QUES IS OBVIOUSLY 2014 AS THESE STUDENTS WILL BEGIN IN 2010 [IF ONLY THEY PASS ] AND B.TECH IS OF 4 YEARS............BY THE WAY WATS UR DECISION REGARDING JOINING THIS COURSE???WHERE HAVE U GOT N WATS UR RANK .........BEING A GIRL I AM IN A DILEMMA WHETHER TO GO TO A PLACE LIIKE DHANBAD FOR A COURSE THAT DOESN'T ASSURE ME A SEAT..........WAT ABT U/???

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago
Hi
They cannot cpomplete their B.tech by 2013. It would take four years after 2010 , to complete the B.tech , coz  the preparatory course is to prepare for entering into IITs, if the students perform well in the prep courses they are admitted into the IITs.
 The following points may kindly be noted:

1.      In this programme, you will be required to study courses in English, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. Each of these courses will be taught for two semesters.  This is to enable you to qualify for joining regular B.Tech./other equivalent courses at IIT, at the first year level in 2010-2011.  Please note that the admission into the regular graduate programmes of IIT will be given only if you successfully complete (with the required attendance) and pass the Preparatory Course Examinations.

2.      No allotment of branch will be made now. After the satisfactory completion of preparatory course,            allotment of branches will be made against the vacancies ( for SC/ST candidates in year 2009. The allocation of  branch will be based on the performance (rank) in the preparatory course.

3.     The preparatory course is residential.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free