Sir, How are the placements of B arch at iitroorkee.I mean which are the recruiting companies and what is the pay package like.Should i go for b arch roorkee or bits pilani chemical --i'll do an Mba after the graduation.

Sir,

How are the placements of B arch at iitroorkee.I mean which are the recruiting companies and what is the pay package like.Should i go for b arch roorkee or bits pilani chemical --i'll do an Mba after the graduation.

Grade:12

2 Answers

AskiitiansExpert Milanshu
9 Points
14 years ago

Architecture @ IIT-R is a very versatile curriculum; and gives you the freedom to choose the career path you want.
There are three major trends for placement:
1. Those who want to become hardcore architects typically donot appear for campus recruitment. They rather join some Architectural firm as interns with low starting packages; say 2 lacs PA. Within two years their salary triples; and the growth is constant! In the long run, they become entrepreneurs starting their own firms; and become rich men!

2. Those who opt for campus placement may get placed with a package anywhere between 3 lacs-23 lacs PA. Most of them join some big Software firms; and secure good career path after that.

3. Lots of Roorkee Archi guys go for Higher studies abroad; mostly to US and find place in top universities with good scholarships.

4. It would also be a good option if you are looking for doing MBA after graduation. As, IIT-R will provide you all the things which will help you to get into a good mba college.
The choice is yours

However, if you like architechture and love to draw or paint, then you must go for it. I feel it is a very area and with IIT Roorkee, it is an icing on cake.If you don't like drawing or painting or have no artistic hand then forget it.

some of the arch companies are bennetts associates, gbl architects, som, AG architecture,KMD.
All the best.

Akash Roy
13 Points
7 years ago
Sir, I am doing b.sc in physics.. But I want to go with architecture in iit... Pls help me about my question that if i complete my b.arch with educational loan aa iit will i repay the money after successfully completed my b.arch course???

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free