I am so confused and desperately in need of help. So heres my story. I m a student of CBSE from International Indian School ,Riyadh who has passed out of Xth in April 2010 with a CGPA of 9.8 , Sometime after my board exams an official of Narayana group of institutions visited my school to recruit students . i was easily persuaded by his sweet talk and i decided to join Narayana , but i remained in Saudi Arabia for another 2 months or so till d declaration of Xth results . After that I came to India on 13th June and joined Narayana IIT Academy , Nallakunta .Just after 5 days I shifted to another branch where the timings were not as horrific as 6.00am - 8.00pm. Now almost 3 months time has elapsed nd i am left with 19 months for IIT-JEE 2012. I am fed up with classroom coaching as they do not build up upon the concept but only concentrate on problem solving from their provided material ( which cost me RS 2550/-),even their material is just a waste of time and money . All the other students just mug up the answers from those books and get real good marks in their weekly exams ( they give 80% of the questions from the material) and thus , students with no basic concepts and aptitude score high and secure a good rank. I just want to go back to a good CBSE school and complete my college and at the same time prepare for IIT-JEE on my own . I just dunno what course of action to take . Plz help me .

I am so confused and desperately in need of help.

So heres my story.

I m a student of CBSE from International Indian School ,Riyadh who has passed out of Xth in April 2010 with a CGPA of 9.8 , Sometime after my board exams an official of Narayana group of institutions visited my school to recruit students . i was easily persuaded by his sweet talk and i decided to join Narayana , but i remained in Saudi Arabia for another 2 months or so till d declaration of Xth results . After that I came to India on 13th June and joined Narayana IIT Academy , Nallakunta .Just after 5 days I shifted to another branch where the timings were not as horrific as 6.00am - 8.00pm.

Now almost 3 months time has elapsed nd i am left with 19 months for IIT-JEE 2012. 

I am fed up with classroom coaching as they do not build up upon the concept but only concentrate on problem solving from their provided material ( which cost me RS 2550/-),even their material is just a waste of time and money . All the other students just mug up the answers from those books and get real good marks in their weekly exams ( they give 80% of the questions from the material) and thus , students with no basic concepts and aptitude score high and secure a good rank.

I just want to go back to a good CBSE school and complete my college and at the same time prepare for IIT-JEE on my own .

I just dunno what course of action to take . 

Plz help me .

Grade:11

2 Answers

Prudhvi teja
83 Points
13 years ago

Dear syed

Yes its true.Many colleges now concentrating mainly on problem solving than concepts.If you want to prepare your own read from books like hc verma,haliday and resnik , arihant for maths, morrison and boyd for organic chemistry, Bahadur for physical chemistry etc.After that start giving some test series what ever it may so that you should get practice of solving problems too.19 months is evry very enough to get rank in iit.Just be confident in yourself.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Prudhvi Teja

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian

hsn kmr
32 Points
13 years ago

Dear student ,

I am also from hyderabad with a CBSE background till tenth class . I also joined a coaching centre similar to narayana called SRI CHAITANYA . It is just like narayana where the faculkty dont stress on concepts but problem solving . I would like to prefer you to join KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA  - Picket in secunderabad as it is a very good school and having a very good reputation . The faculty of this school is excellent indeed . My brother also studied in the same school and he says it is a very good school escpecially for +1 and +2 . Since this school is affliated to CBSE board it stresses on concept building from NCERT textbooks which is very important in order to crack IIT JEE . I am not so sure about any coaching centres which I will reccomend to you . But I can give You name of certain books which are good for self study escpeecially for IIT JEE . The y are as follows :

PHYSICS - NCERT , Concepts of Physics by HC VERMA .( A master book for iit jee )

CHEMISTRY - NCERT ( Must ) . Arihant series for objective questions .

MATHS - NCERT ( for basics only ) . RD SHARMA for mathematics (A must ) Arihant series for objective questions .

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free