sir/madam, Iam from TN and I belong to OP category.my aieee score is just 137 and I did not qualify fr iit jee 2010 in spite of goin to iit classes.I have now joined in vit ece group.now I want to prepare fr jee 2011 and aieee thru self study.Iam confident of getting nit trichy nxt year if nt iit. Is it worth wasting a year fr nit trichy?wat r d disadvantages do dropouts face compared to straight candidates both in nits as well as iits please experts reply

sir/madam,

Iam from TN and I belong to OP category.my aieee score is just 137

and I did not qualify fr iit jee 2010 in spite of goin to iit classes.I have now joined in vit ece group.now I want to prepare fr jee 2011 and aieee thru self study.Iam confident of getting nit trichy nxt year if nt iit.

Is it worth wasting a year fr nit trichy?wat r d disadvantages do dropouts face compared to straight candidates both in nits as well as iits

please experts reply

Grade:12

2 Answers

umesh chandrakant shah
36 Points
13 years ago

Dear Padma,

VIT is also one of the good college with good placement records. Only thing is they are more professional & hence somewhat costly. Getting admission in NIT trichy after droping for one year in not justified. If you are confident of cracking JEE-2011 then only I will suggest to go for drop. You have not mentioned your IIT-2010 score. You have advantage of experience & the toughness of IIT exam than freshers.  I do believe that with VIT It would be tough to crack IIT, but you have no way out to acostom to the situation. You have prepared through IIT classes so you must have completed syllabus in time. My suggestion is to plan your study, make your goal to crack iit, dedicate to the work/study, forget about any things, concentrate only on IIT, make your concepts crystal clear, write papers of various classes as much as possible with good preparation, without droping for one year. Belive in yourselves, success knows the door who are dedicated and hard worker.

Best of Luck in advance.

akhil mahajan
36 Points
13 years ago

look droppin and that too while attendin collg can be really tuff

so think if u r really prepared to balance both and STUDY seriously for 1 yr.......

if u can then go for it

make friends in collg which r also goin to appear next yr!!

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free