Ok guys,firstly you all are doing a wonderful job at the forum here,so kudos to you. Now,about my situation: I got AIR 5273 in IITJEE 2010 General Category.In the first round of IIT counselling,I didn't get anything. Round 2 is on 16th July. Also,I got AIR 8055 General in AIEEE 2010.In round 2,I have got Computer Science at NIT Raipur.Above this,my options in the AIEEE were Computer Science at NIT Warangal,Trichy and SVNIT Surat.Most probably in round 3 I'll either have to stay with Raipur or might get Surat.Round 3 is on 11th July. Coming to BITSAT,I scored low,264.So predictably,I'm on the waiting list. Now what I want to ask is if anyone can tell me if its worth it to pay 15,000 for BITS to be considered in the 2nd Iteration,knowing that I most probably will get B.Pharma at Hyderabad with a dual and from what I've heard its possible but difficult to get a Vertical Shift to Computer Science and Engg,which is my branch of interest. Please reply as soon as you can because the fees have to be paid by July 12th.

Ok guys,firstly you all are doing a wonderful job at the forum here,so kudos to you.
Now,about my situation:
I got AIR 5273 in IITJEE 2010 General Category.In the first round of IIT counselling,I didn't get anything. Confused Round 2 is on 16th July.
Also,I got AIR 8055 General in AIEEE 2010.In round 2,I have got Computer Science at NIT Raipur.Above this,my options in the AIEEE were Computer Science at NIT Warangal,Trichy and SVNIT Surat.Most probably in round 3 I'll either have to stay with Raipur or might get Surat.Round 3 is on 11th July.
Coming to BITSAT,I scored low,264.So predictably,I'm on the waiting list.
Now what I want to ask is if anyone can tell me if its worth it to pay 15,000 for BITS to be considered in the 2nd Iteration,knowing that I most probably will get B.Pharma at Hyderabad with a dual and from what I've heard its possible but difficult to get a Vertical Shift to Computer Science and Engg,which is my branch of interest.
Please reply as soon as you can because the fees have to be paid by July 12th.

Grade:

1 Answers

sahil rastogi
34 Points
13 years ago

Dude there's been a 13% increase in seats in BITS Pilani So u can always get M.SC at GOA/Hyderabad even Pilani,so no need to think of B.Pharm,if u work hard here 4r 1 yr u can get any branch of ur choice dere

About NITs if u get SVNIT ,its fine but do never ever choose Raipur even if its CS

IN 2nd allotment at IIts u may get CS at ISMU if not CS den ELECTRONICS surely<most prob. CS as dis yr all vacant OBC seats rwill b filled by gen. >

As a whole it wud b best if u get dual at BITSP,den ISM den SVNIT den dual degree at BITSG/H,if non of dese den drop 1 yr.

BEST OF LUCK,THANKS!!

PLZZZZZ aprove my ans if u lik it!!!!

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free