i am presentely enrolled in fiitjee .where i have to go for coaching 3 days a week(4.5 hrs. a day). also i have joined gyan niketan for schooling purpose.where i have to attend classes everyday.besides i go through self study for 4hrs(school+coaching day) 7hrs.(scool day)13hrs.(holiday) is this schedule enough to get a top iit rank(1-99)plz give your invaluable suggestions

i am presentely enrolled in fiitjee .where i have to go for coaching 3 days a week(4.5 hrs. a day). also i have joined gyan niketan for schooling purpose.where i have to attend classes everyday.besides i go through self study for 4hrs(school+coaching day) 7hrs.(scool day)13hrs.(holiday)  is this schedule enough to get a top iit rank(1-99)plz give your invaluable suggestions

Grade:11

1 Answers

Askiitians Expert ChaitanyaVardhan-IIT KHARAGPUR
16 Points
13 years ago

Hi Anish,

Your dedication is commendable. But, the number of hours spent studying do not decide rank. The level of conceptual clarity does. In any year you will find that the top rankers are people who have done well in various olympiads. These guys have developed a very high level of conceptual clarity in their subjects.

So, if you want a top 100 rank, you need to be extremely extremely conceptually clear in 1 subject. You should also be able to perform fairly decently in the other two.Select a subject you are most comfortable in and check if you get the Olympiad questions right in that subject.

One more thing, your target should be to secure a decent rank in IIT and you should not be obsessed about an under 100 rank.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Anish!!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

Chaitanya Vardhan

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free