My rank is 3231. Getting Metallurgy&Materials in IIT kharagpur. May get EE, Mech in Gandhinagar>Hyderabad. how MME wud b or shd I go for new IITs. I wish to go only to IITs. My BITS score is 307. Pls help

My rank is 3231. Getting Metallurgy&Materials in  IIT kharagpur. May get EE, Mech in Gandhinagar>Hyderabad. how MME wud b or shd I go for new IITs.  I wish to go only to IITs. My BITS score is 307. Pls help

Grade:12

2 Answers

Kishan IIT Kharagpur
46 Points
13 years ago

Dear Sravan

I think its better to choose an older IIT for the time being, as the infrastructure of the new IITs are only just developing. Metallurgy sounds good, it has good job opportunities as well as to pursue PhD abroad. And IIT Kharagpur campus is brilliant and gives a lot of scope for overall personality development.

Regards

Kishan S Srinivas

Askiitians Expert

Prudhvi teja
83 Points
13 years ago

Dear Sravan

If you have neutral interest in  branch selection.then to decide in between them you have to consider different options like

what do you want to do in future?

If you want to go to non-technical career then any time old IITs are much much better than new IITs

If you want to go to technical career then In my opinion new IIT's would be better in future job prospective, but I heard there isnt much infrastructure currently. But I personally feel taking Mech or EE in new IITs would be better for job

But if you want to go to research then old IIT's would be best.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Prudhvi Teja

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free