I got 1404 rank in JEE2009. I want to know how good it is to join in IIT Hyderabad or is it better to join the older IITs. I hail from Hyderabad and with the cut off marks expected to be compratively low from branches like Electrical(inwhich I am interesed) in IITH , is it advisable to join here or join in IITM (my preferred IIT amongst the old because of location)in courses like AErospace/Chemical, the branches in which I might get based on my rank. Thank you

I got 1404 rank in JEE2009. I want to know how good it is to join in IIT Hyderabad or is it better to join the older IITs. I hail from Hyderabad and with the cut off marks expected to be compratively low from branches like Electrical(inwhich I am interesed) in IITH , is it advisable to join here or join in IITM (my preferred IIT amongst the old because of location)in courses like AErospace/Chemical, the branches in which I might get based on my rank. Thank you 

Grade:12

2 Answers

ashish kumar
17 Points
14 years ago

Dear Namrata,

You rank is good enough to fetch you good branch at the old IITs.

Considering the placements IITB and IITD are best amongst them. As new IITs are not well establised, it is not a good option to pursue. New IITs dont have a placement cell or enterprenuer cell which looks after the welfare of the students, also they wont be able to organise various events which helps in personality development of the students.

Its better to opt for Aerospace/Chemical at IITB.

Thank you.

raghav dixit
8 Points
14 years ago

DEAR NAMRATHA,

I ADVISE YOU TO PREFER IIT BOMBAY OR IIT DELHI RATHER THAN IIT MADRAS BECAUSE THEY ARE THE TOP RATED INSTITUTES AND GRANT HIGH PLACEMENTS.SO YOUR FIRST PREFERENCE SHOULD GO TO THESE TWO.ALL THE BEST!

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free