i want to take iit kanpur/kgp economics, as i want to do ias further, is this a good branch for placement purpose? as anythink can hapen in future, i m interested in indian economy as well, and i want 2 help my country. i m not totaly interested in private job. i got air 5501 & i m general, is there any other option as i dont want to leave 7 iits

i want to take iit kanpur/kgp economics, as i want to do ias further, is this a good branch for placement purpose? as anythink can hapen in future, i m interested in indian economy as well, and i want 2 help my country. i m not totaly interested in private job. i got air 5501 & i m general, is there any other option as i dont want to leave 7 iits

Grade:

1 Answers

Kishore IIT Bombay
48 Points
13 years ago

Dear Mayank Mahawar,

Very good ambition...yeah Economics always have a very good placements bcoz even so many people after their graduation they will write CAT to pursue MBA so you are almost  doing it in your graduation level only..and yeah it will help very well for your IAS also so if you are really interest then go for it..and economics is having a very bright future...and for you to serve for the country means it will help a lot...

coming to the placments many finance companies will take over economics students and their pacakges are really extreamly very well so dont bother about the placments.

as per me OLD IIT's are having very brand name than the new IIT's so dont leave the 7 IIT's.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed
solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.

regards,,,

kishore-IIT bombay

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free