sir.............is it true that any branch in iit has got demand........sir i got 7251 gen rank..........so should i be assured that if i pass from any of the iits..........whatever the branch may be,i ll get a gud job..........

sir.............is it true that any branch in iit has got demand........sir i got 7251 gen rank..........so should i be assured that if i pass from any of the iits..........whatever the branch may be,i ll get a gud job..........

Grade:12

1 Answers

Kishan IIT Kharagpur
46 Points
13 years ago

Dear Siddharth

Its true that most students in IIT's get placed every year. However, you should note that almost every year, there are a few students who go unplaced from some of the IITs also. 

With regards to jobs, the older IITs would be a much safer bet than the newer IITs as companies have been visiting the older campuses for years now while the new IITs will only start inviting companies from the time their first batch graduates.

You must not look at an admission in IIT as a place to assure yourself of a job. You must realise that it helps in developing a person's thinking and personality in a big way. You must look at the IITs aas a launch pad which will take you places if you put a lot of hardwork than as a passport to a guarenteed job.

Simply put, if you are willing to put up some more hard work in the coming 4-5 years, I would suggest you take up an admission in the IITs without a second thought.

Regards

Kishan S Srinivas

Askiitians Expert

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free