Hi Can anyone give me some idea about the Part time M.Tech offered by IIT Delhi for working professionals? I would like to know about the Entrance exam conduct by IIT for this course. How they conduct and what is their criteria for syllabus of this entrance exams? Any help would be highly appreciable. Kund Regards

Hi

Can anyone give me some idea about the Part time M.Tech offered by IIT Delhi for working professionals? I would like to know about the Entrance exam conduct by IIT for this course. How they conduct and what is their criteria for syllabus of this entrance exams?

Any help would be highly appreciable.

Kund Regards

Grade:

1 Answers

Vasanth SR
askIITians Faculty 1335 Points
6 years ago
The following eligibility conditions apply for the Part-time and sponsored full-time programmes.

Only employees of Public Sector Undertakings or Government Departments or Research and Development Organizations or Private Industries (approved by Faculty Boards) are eligible for admission to these programmes.

All candidates should have a minimum experience of two years as on 1st August, 2013 for admission in July 2013.

Minimum qualification for these candidates is the same as for full-time candidates except that the requirement of qualifying in a national examination (column 3 in Table 1) is waived off.

For part-time candidates from outside NCR (or at a radial distance of more than 50 KMs from IIT Delhi), there is a minimum residency requirement of 6 months. DRC/ CRC may specify a higher residency requirement based on the courses recommended as well as the background.

Sponsored (full-time) candidatesseeking admission to a Ph.D programme on the basis of study leave, must submit a “Sponsorship Certificate” on a proper letterhead from the appropriate authority in the organization clearly stating the following:

For the period of his/her studies in the programme, the candidate would be treated as on duty with usual salary and allowances, and

That he/she will be fully relieved and granted study leave for a minimum period of 3 years ( 2years for M.Tech. and equivalent degree holders).

Part-time candidatesare required to submit a “No Objection Certificate” on a proper letterhead from the appropriate authority in the organization clearly stating the following:

The candidate is permitted to pursue studies on a part-time basis

That his/her official duties permit him/her to devote sufficient time for research.

Facilities for research in the candidate’s field of research are available at the candidate’s place of work; and

he/she will be fully relieved from duty and permitted to reside at the Institute for the period required residency (This is not a requirement for candidates who are working in NCR or in organizations located within a distance of 50 KMs from the Institute).

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free