Respected sir, I have just completed my class 12 and am through with all my entrance exams.Unfortunately,I could neither clear my IIT nor get a good rank in AIEEE.I must admit that it is completely my fault as I wasted my entire time doing practically nothing.Also during the initial part of my preparation many teachers and professors told me that I could clear JEE easily so it kind of got into my head resulting in me neglecting my studies owing to a serious attitude problem.So i wanted to know if it is a good idea to take a year break and study for JEE?

Respected sir,
I have just completed my class 12 and am through with all my entrance exams.Unfortunately,I could neither clear my IIT nor get a good rank in AIEEE.I must admit that it is completely my fault as I wasted my entire time doing practically nothing.Also during the initial part of my preparation many teachers and professors told me that I could clear JEE easily so it kind of got into my head resulting in me neglecting my studies owing to a serious attitude problem.So i wanted to know if it is a good idea to take a year break and study for JEE?

Grade:

2 Answers

Shane Macguire
30 Points
13 years ago

Dear Suraj,

First of all i want to advice you that stop feeling guilty, whatever has passed do not regret on that, but you should learn your mistakes from yopur past, and according to me you are doing so .

Now as you are saying that your teachers said that you can easily clear the JEE, but unfortunately you din't , then you must understand that you have the potential to clear the JEE, but for that yopu need to do lots of labour, which you lacked this time.

So if you are sure that you will work hard for the next attempt then only you need to drop a year else, dropping your year would be worthless.

askIITians.com provides online iit jee courses and IIT JEE Test Series with IITians. Click here to get free online test series and check your status timely or you can join us as our registered user for getting best iit jee study material or iit jee test series.

Click here to find IIT JEE Packages or course details with askIITians.

for further details visit the folowing links:

http://www.askiitians.com//iit-jee-online-coaching.aspx

http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee-test-series.aspx

http://www.askiitians.com/iit-study-material/

Askiitians provide you all the best possible information, feel free to ask.

all the best.

thanks and regards.

Akhilesh Shukla

Amit Askiitiansexpert
112 Points
13 years ago

Dear Suraj,

I would advise you to drop only if u are sure that u ll study hard..  otherwise it will be a huge waste of time .. so think clearly and make a decision .. cracking IIT is not difficult task as it only needs one thing that is hard work.. even last year IIT topper was a one year dropper ..so its all up to you .. if you realy wanna get into IITs thn work hard and forget everything for atleast one year ..if u ll go this way ..thn i m sure u ll crack iit ..

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our disucssion forum as you can. If you find any question difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation. All the best.

All the best !!

Regards

Askiitians Expert

Amit Yadav

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free