Dear sir, Explain me what is Biochemical Engg. & Biotechnology.? Which types of subjects are taught in the IIT Colleges? What is the scope of this engineering branch in India? After completion of graduation what type of jobs I need to perform? Which is the best IIT for above course? Should I go for B.Tech 4 years or M.Tech 5 years? Please provide your valuable suggestion?

Dear sir, Explain me what is Biochemical Engg. & Biotechnology.? Which types of subjects are taught in the IIT Colleges? What is the scope of this engineering branch in India? After completion of graduation what type of jobs I need to perform? Which is the best IIT for above course? Should I go for B.Tech 4 years or M.Tech 5 years? Please provide your valuable suggestion?

Grade:12

1 Answers

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert
148 Points
13 years ago

Dear umesh

This four-year B.Tech. programme in engineering (based on Modern Biology/Bioprocess Engineering ) provides training in Natural, Biological, and Engineering sciences including relevant computer and management subjects. First year courses are common as in other engineering disciplines. A
unique feature of the programme is the blending between life sciences and engineering.
Students get in-depth theoretical background/practical training in various disciplines such as Genetics, Microbial Biotechnology, Plant Cell Culture, Agricultural Biotechnology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Environmental Biotechnology,Immunology, Downstream Processing, Metabolic Engineering,
Enzyme Technology, Protein Engineering, Bioinformatics, Intellectual Property Rights, etc. along with adequate laboratory classes. Basic process engineering subjects include Fluid Flow, Mass Transfer, Transport Processes,Biochemical Reaction Engineering, Instrumentation and Process Control, etc. Design of bioreactor and other bioprocess equipment is an integral part of the course. Industrial training is compulsory for strengthening practical exposure of the students. Experimental/design projects in
the final year, on frontier areas of Biotechnology, help students to conceive industrial R&D related problems.Students are encouraged to undertake industry oriented projects in order to win an assistantship of Rs. 50,000 in their 6th to 8th semesters. Currently, projects under the Institute
Mission Mode Programme on Molecular Biotechnology are given priority.

check the link for opening and closing rank

http://www.askiitians.com/iits-2009-2010-opening-and-closing-rank.aspx

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free