PASSAGE :- Out of 10 childrens in a family a trip to fun republic is organized such that at a time only three childrens are included and the same group should not visit twice. Then answer the following questions:- (i) The maximum number of trips in which a particular child C 1 is present but C 10 is excluded ? (ii) The maximum number of trips that can be made to the comndition that C2 and C9 have decided to go together ? (iii) Maximum number of trpis that can be made if C1 refuses to be in the group if C2 is present

PASSAGE :-

Out of 10 childrens in a family a trip to fun republic is organized such that at a time only three childrens are included and the same group should not visit twice. Then answer the following questions:-

(i) The maximum number of trips in which a particular child C 1 is present but C 10 is excluded ?

(ii) The maximum number of trips that can be made to the comndition that C2 and C9 have decided to go together ?

(iii) Maximum number of trpis that can be made if C1 refuses to be in the group if C2 is present

Grade:12

1 Answers

Jitender Singh IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty 158 Points
9 years ago
Ans:
Hello Student,
Please find answer to your question below
(i) The maximum number of trips pertaining to the condition in the question
(C1,C2,C3
),(C1,C2,C4).................................=7
(C1,C3,C4),(C1,C3
,C5)...........................................= 6

So in this we have total trips
7 + 6 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 28

(ii)
This is simple. Two children always present in the gropup. So the rest go with them one by one.
Total no. of trips = 8

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free